Gloomy skies, however, has a way of making
It wasn't the best weather to drive home in, after I dropped Vern off too, and I crawled along under the speed limit. I had an old Integrity Hosanna CD playing in the car, not exactly blasting at full volume, but with all-time-favourites like "Shout to the Lord" that had a way of helping me lift my spirits!
Thinking over the things to be thankful for this week, the best one must be that one and only evening, when it didn't threaten to pour, and we were able to get Jon's homework done with less hounding on my part, and dinner out of the way, earlier than usual. We took the boys outside on their bikes, and this was the first time in weeks because of the hot spell before this, that they were riding again -- not in the basement while I was getting laundry done there, but where you could see a nice blue sky overhead!
You should have seen them go! Vern went ahead with Jon, and also Brianne our neighbour's kid who came along with us, and I walked and half-jogged next to Ben. Jon happily whizzed past Ben and me! And Ben, trying his utmost to catch up, paddled away too, as fast as those training wheels could take him!
"Slow down, slow down!", the worrywart in me cried out to Jon, and of course, I added, "Watch out for cars parked on the side!". But I probably didn't have to remind him, because Vern was right there, and Jon himself was doing wonderfully (except for the "slow down" bit).
Ben almost tipped over on his bike, on those parts of the street that weren't even, but in his enthusiasm, kept going on and on! "Where's Jon?", he would ask, every time his brother disappeared round the bend, and well out of our line of sight.
It wasn't exactly the wind in our hair, like on the beach back home (I've been thinking about, lately) that we so miss here, but close enough! So close, it felt oh so good!
You know, when I mentioned the other day, about more outdoor time for the boys, it was just making time for little stuff like this, I was thinking about. Nothing fancy -- a ride on their bikes, or a walk around the neighbourhood, in the cool of the evening. Or letting the boys kick a ball in the backyard.
Kids have so much energy, they can always use up some of that, playing outside especially! For us parents, that breath of fresh air can only do us good! And when our children are happy, we are happy moms and dads, too!
Have a nice weekend, and before my next post, here's a special note of thanks, to Stay-At-Home Mum, for telling me you love my blog! And I love your blog, too! You made my day, just when I was thinking if I should continue to update my blog given its low traffic.
And to all of you whose blogs I visit as often as I can, including new visitors on mine (and a warm welcome to you!), you have a special place on this blog -- and actually do occupy a prime spot, for this same good reason...
Knowing though that some of you already received this tag, and some of you aren't into tags or memes, I'm not leaving you a separate comment on your blog about this, just this award here, to collect if you wish, as and when!Blog on, guys and gals! I always enjoy your stories, and glimpses into your private, not-so-private anymore(!) lives. And invariably, there are moments I'm so drawn into your day-to-day ups and downs, it's almost like I'm living a slice of it, too! =)

6 comments:
Eh I gip you award oso la, why never come collect?? Aiks, Did i forget to inform you 0_o
hey, I enjoy reading your daily adventures with your boys too. So keep blogging!
Firehorse, Mandy,
Thanks, thanks!
I enjoy reading your blog and for its beautiful pictures.You a good photographer. Congrats. Do carry on blogging.
So nice to be able to have a walk round the neighbourhood. This is something I miss tremendously. Even for the kids to go to a safe playground, I have to pay USD 5.50 per kid per entry. "Cialatt" or not??
SAHM,
Thanks... I'm not a photographer lah, but enjoy taking photos, and a digital camera makes it so convenient to just click away =)
Nomadic Mom,
That's cialat! But know what you mean about how some things are just more, or a lot more, hefty.
Over here, we are blessed that quite a few places of interest don't charge during certain times or only if there's a special event or exhibit, so they help to balance out the paying ones.
Post a Comment