After washing, cutting fruits for dessert, that sometimes includes de-skinning (think apples, but I like to leave the Vit C on if it doesn't look bad), and de-branching (think grapes), and thankfully seldom de-seeding (because I always get the seedless variety -- think grapes, watermelon)...
Me to husband: Your highness, your fruit is on your table.
Husband: OK, thank you.
Me: It should be "thank you, your majesty". (What's the difference between "your highness" and "your majesty"... anyone?)
Husband: (silent)
In walks Jon, to pass me a towel to put away...
Jon to me: Mother (!), here you go.
Me (speaking even louder) to husband: Did you hear what Jon called me? "Mother"! He called me the Queen Mother!
Husband: (even more silent... maybe speechless!)
Hjak hjak hjak... just so you know who's who in our home. But blogospherically speaking only!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wahahahah...
i think i also kena before... ;p
hahahahaa! I almost fell off my chair! You are too funny! I can only imagine the look on Vern's face kekeke
Your Majesty.....you should really rest your tired feet today. Shall I take your corgis for a walk today instead? :P
Nice to be called Mother, is it not?
Derek,
Hehe... moms/wives/gfs, been there, done that, just as children/husbands/bfs have!
Charlene,
I don't think Vern got my hahaha joke tho'... sigh!
Judy,
Thanks. Forgot about the corgis... but I'm not crazy about those. "Mother" sounds dignified but old-er! Think I like the ring to "mom" and "mommy" better! Haha!
Post a Comment