Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chasing the sun!

Nov 07 vii 707

Coming back from Chicago the other day, we followed the sun -- as fast as the wheels of our vehicle could take us!

And as though that big orange ball was playing hide-n-seek with us, it would dodge behind the trees, or some building, before appearing again. Then, dipping lower and lower, and going farther and farther to our right, until eventually, it was out of sight. But not out of my mind.

When I'd downloaded these pictures, my elder boy Jon shared my same thoughts, and he said out loud the exact words I had felt would describe these pictures. "Chasing the sun!", for that was precisely what we were doing on that highway!

Now this wasn't one of those glorious sunsets by the sea, with deep dark hues to die for. Still, every bit, a lovely one -- like a beautiful dream to go after!

Nov 07 vii 712 Nov 07 vii 717

Nov 07 vii 718 Nov 07 vii 719

Nov 07 vii 722 Nov 07 vii 723

Nov 07 vii 724 Nov 07 vii 725

Nov 07 vii 727 Nov 07 vii 728

Nov 07 vii 729

"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the LORD is to be praised. "
~ Psalm 113:3

Sunrise, and sunset, such are the everyday things I don't look close enough at.

When the new day dawned, I turned a year older. But I let how I always have to be the one, to remind my three guys to at least greet me with those two special words, get to me. And that was when I realised, that it shouldn't have to take a special day, or special ways, but just everyday things, for me to know what a lucky wife and mother, or sister, daughter/in law, and friend, I am. No, not lucky, just how truly blessed I am!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy birthday Boon Ping! May your day be filled with God's abundant blessing!What's your plan for today?

stay-at-home mum said...

I love sunrise and sunsets too. Someone once told me that we should catch on of each at least once each year.
Happy birthday. U are a blessing to all who know you!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

The sunset is so lovely. awesome!

Happy Belated Birthday my friend :)

bp said...

Mandy,
Thanks! Quite the regular day, I let Ben play a little at the playground after library, and caught a bit of the sun setting(!), then went and picked up Jon who ended late becoz of chess. I don't like how it gets so dark, so soon tho'. The boys are finally asleep now, after some tussle they had.

SAHM,
Yes, so no reason why we shouldn't try and catch as many as possible... so lovely! Thanks!

Ling,
Thanks, my friend =) You're not late.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, the one in a million!

Birthdays always remind us of how valuable and precious we are in His eyes!

bp said...

Yan,
Thanks. As a child of God, so blessed, so loved.