Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Late fall in Chicago

Nov 07 vii 319

You can tell from the colours going, and more bare trees around (and all those long, straggly branches!), that while fall hasn't quite ended, winter is near.

Nov 07 vii 473 Nov 07 vii 318

In fact, temperatures were already below freezing in Chicago last week, where I'd taken these shots while "on the go", as we were moving from point to point (mostly between carpark and museum). Literally, point and shoot, before I or Ben would be straggling behind, and Vern and Jon would have to call out to me to hurry along because it was so cold!

On Thanksgiving Day itself, there were flurries (light snow!) in the morning, while the MacDonald's Thanksgiving Day parade was going on. Which, for what a bigtime event that was, how could we possibly give it a miss? And so, we caught a bit of the floats and fun... on TV! Hehe! Think warmth and comfort of indoors, although more, more of the great outdoors had it not been so windy, would have been the way to go!

Nov 07 vii 320 Nov 07 vii 471

With the chilly weather, and us fighting the flu, we didn't try and pack too much into each day that we were there. Except for one evening when we walked around for a little while, until it got way too cold, we would just call it a day after dinner.

Nov 07 vii 588 Nov 07 vii 589

And with kids in tow, you might too, because the sun now sets at 4.30pm!

Nov 07 vii 546

Watch this space for what we did do in the Windy City!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the last picture you captured. I felt an inexplicable clarity given to this truth -

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Even by just looking at the picture, I felt a deep assurance that He was watching over us!

Really, let Him!

Thanks for sharing.

Oh yes, back to my own home - cheesy cookies delivered, met old friends, walked the Orchard Road, and visited two IT malls - with good memories and some new computer gadgets spending some "singful" (not sinful) dollars :)

bp said...

Thanks Yan! Our good Lord is watching over us all... Amen to that!

Glad your trip went well... haha, I like your Singful use of dough, besides your cookies warming the tummies and hearts of dear ones =)

stay-at-home mum said...

Love the colours of fall. Must be getting pretty cold there now!

Bkworm said...

I love your pictures. They are just so....reassuring. Hey, if you are on Facebook, how can I find you?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Every season have different thing to amaze. God is great!

bp said...

SAHM,
Thanks. Chicago was already below freezing over Thanksgiving. And here in St Louis, it's freezing!

Bkworm,
Thanks. I'm BP Loke! Are you going to poke me? ;p

Stephanie,
Hi to you! Yes, isn't He amazing?