He needs a white longsleeved turtleneck preferably, or something close to it, for this Friday's Grandparents' Day in school. That special event where our 'stand-in' grandma would not be able to make it, and so this mama will have to go instead, because our boys' grandparents live halfway across the globe.
But who would have thought it would be so hard to find that white longsleeved top? Target didn't have any, the last time I looked there. And Walmart, where I first looked in bright and early, after dropping everyone off, did carry the style. Unfortunately, there were only two pieces left -- one that was a size too small, and the other, two sizes too big.
So there I was, continuing to hunt down the white T of all tees, that would fit my son, when I slipped and fell on my bottom! The female driver I had stopped for, so she could drive past me first, waved for me to cross instead. But that was only after seeing what a pathetic sight I must have been. Either that, or a hilarious one!
Ouch! The abrasion on my arm and leg singed. But I picked myself up as gracefully as I could, hoping my pants weren't ripped, and got to the other side of the carpark. Thankfully, it was nothing major.
Anyway, I was going to say, that these days, with me practically living in the world of kids, is it just me, or do you feel the same way too, that it's not easy to find like-minded friends (not counting the wonderful blogging world, or your spouse who may be your best friend)? Quite the same way, that the classical or not-so-classical white T isn't always available, especially when you are consciously looking for it?
Come back later, for the second half of this story, that I'll have to save for afterwards, because I have to scoot now! And I'll tell you if I did find that shirt for Jon, and whether I'm still hoping to find that

7 comments:
Oh I am so sorry to hear abt your scraped knee and ankle, hope you are okay.
wow! Love love love.. your new banner! That picture kinda reminds me of the adage, a new beginning.. and it somehow is in tune with your blog title too! Lovely!
Re. the classical white T, I know just how elusive it is, especially in children's sizes. That's because last year, Kelly was cast in her school concert where she was required to wear a white round neck T. Now, you know how colourful childrens' wear are! It was so difficult finding a basic white t! I found it in the end but had to pay so much for it! Crazy!
Happy hunting. I hope you'll find it soon.
Don't know about you, but you sound just like me. So accident prone! hahahaha... I am glad you are alright though. *hugs* :)
It's not easy to find like-minded friends in this day and age. Not easy at all.
Ouch! I hope you are ok. You've got a friend in me ;)
Firehorse,
Thanks! I'm OK, except that silly clumsy me stubbed my little toe walking into a door today! There's a blueblack and it's swollen too! =(
Jomel,
Yes, crazy how hard we have to hunt for something so basic, yah? The schools should just order them on our behalf.
Thanks, glad that you like the picture, and I'm hoping to snap more shots of fall but the forecast predicts that it may just be shades of brown this year.
Bkworm,
Thanks, my friend!
Sorry to hear about your little injury!
For the classic white T-shirt, try craft shops...because they would have them for T-shirt painting!!
Ouch, what a fall...I hope you are okay now.
Nomadic Mom, Priscilla,
Thanks. The swollen toe after the fall is worse, but it's gone down quite a lot now!
Nomadic Mom,
Thanks for the tip! I think the longsleeved white tees are a bit more elusive than the shortsleeved ones, and when I did find them, they were in the wrong size... as sometimes happens, the more we're trying to look for something!
Post a Comment