
Three weeks have come and gone, and my father is on his way back to Singapore, right now as I blog!
In some ways, it was a vacation for him, and for us, too. Going places, and revisiting the one or two attractions he likes!
But it was definitely more than just a vacation. It was a time of bonding, and rebonding.

We miss him already. Jon wanted Gong Gong to come and visit us again next month, and better yet, Ben asked, why not "tomorrow?"!

For Gong Gong, like he did two years ago, coming to stay with us albeit for just three weeks, he saw all our good days and bad, and not just our house at its messiest, but also whether every one was getting along fine or not so well! Also how much prodding Jon needed to sit down to some reading and writing, and how Ben, Fashion Maven #2 in the making, could take up to one hour to pick his outfit for the day.
Most of all, my father couldn't have not noticed how much the boys have grown! Why, I am amazed myself, every time I look back and wonder, wasn't it not too long ago, when I did this and that for Jon? And now, Ben's wearing the shirts and pants that Jon was wearing when we first got here, and Ben is riding Jon's bike, and pretty soon (not too quickly, I hope), he's going to be like his big brother and tell me to stop showing him any sign of affection in front of his friends!
Why do I blog? As a way of storing up precious memories like these, and that's also why I take tons of pictures, and no excuse not to what with the convenience of a digital camera! Before, on my old blog, I didn't show any images to begin with, but as time went by, I realised pictures can speak more than words, and there are memories captured in them that I want to treasure always. So once I started over there, it's been no end to my posting pictures since!
And for that same reason, I couldn't not let my Pa take back with him an album of the photos taken with us these last few weeks, never mind that the prints were just simply arranged in chronological order. Of all of the shots, this one's my favourite of him and the boys!

3 comments:
It's so nice to see the boys having such a good time with their Gong Gong. You must miss your dad too.
I know I've tagged you before and I have another one for you but it's an award. :) Come over and check it out.
As always, you come up with very lovely photos. Yes, the last photo is definitely a treasure.
I am sure you will feel the difference in the house in the next few days.
God bless.
Bkworm,
Yes, I do, too. Thanks for the award, appreciate it!
Judy,
Thanks. You're right, we didn't have to wait for the day to be over to feel the difference. But now for us to try and keep that rebonding and reconnection alive all across the miles (which can be quite tricky, you know that).
Post a Comment