
That morning, his buddy W came over to play. They had a good time over Legos, Star Wars, and more boy stuff like Nerfs and lightsabers, and had cupcakes together, too.
Second cupcake Ben ate was one of many more cupcakes I'd promised him, for sharing with his classmates and teacher. Like a really special, extra treat, his daddy spent time with him in class. One-on-one time is not easy to carve out. Even with me, whom Ben next to Kait, spends the most time with, school being just 2.5h for him.
The third cupcake for Ben was one of six I glazed simply and topped with a strawberry each. I put one candle on each cupcake; six candles, six cupcakes for the six years he's grown!
Nana (Vern's mom, my mom-in-law) is here to visit us. She had just come from UK visiting friends, and with a chocolate bear from there for Ben. I took the liberty to use that as the beary cute centrepiece for my otherwise simple bake. Nana did not mind, and Ben was pleasantly surprised!So went Ben's cupcake-ful birthday, and we also celebrated it with some of his friends at McDonald's over the weekend. Like the many cupcakes on his special day, may Ben's cup overflow with our Lord's blessings, as he keeps learning and growing. There have been tough and rough moments along the way, including how to deal with being picked on by a schoolmate, and being the middle child that can be tricky,
too. God be our guide always, to help us to keep going. Amen.One cakemix, two ways:
Caught up with the usual busyness and more, I relied on my fave Funfetti cakemix for all the cupcakes. Two boxes I added choc chips to, not just the moist ingredients, yielded about 9 extra large cupcakes -- for the strawberry ones, and 28 regular-size cupcakes -- for the class ones. Those I spread on frosting, before topping with M&M and sprinkles. I stayed up to work on them, this mom's little gesture for my not-so-little boy :).

9 comments:
Belated birthday greetings to Ben!! And my! that was a lot of cupcakes! I love that cake you made with the bear!!
Happy Belated Birthday to BEN!!!
SAHM, NM, thanks for your well-wishes! SAHM, Ben didn't know about the bear, and when I saw it I imagined it would look quite cute with the simple cupcakes, glad this simple idea worked out... so i didn't have to bake a separate cake or run out to buy one amid the shuttling here and there!
Amen!
Your gesture, mum, is anything but little! :)
Oh by the way, that bear is a really nice touch. No wonder Ben is grinning so widely! Happy birthday, Ben! :)
Jo, thanks, and it's so sweet of you to say all that. We ate up the whole bear amongst us -- all in that same night! Beary sweet, hehe!
Happy belated Birthday Ben!! You're so blessed, with a beautiful family and great mom. The love-baked cupcakes look so pretty and sure taste fantastic, can I have one? Grin. The Lord guide you as you grow to be a great joy+love+help-giver to the family. =) Blessings from auntie Stardust. =P
Thanks Aunty Stardust, from Ben, and God's richest blessings to you and yours too!
Happy Belated 6th Birthday to Ben! bp, u nvr fail to amaze me with ur so-called "little gestures". ;)
Thanks, Slavemom, and you're always so kind with your compliments. It is after all the thought that counts, isn't it? Even if I thought of doing more but need to be down-to-earth, and what's important is we try, yah :).
Post a Comment