Saturday, May 29, 2010

She is a girl alright!

We'd come back inside after school. I was trying to settle the boisterous boys down to a snack before homework.

I turned around and saw the little girl had slipped both her feet into these "shoes"...
May 10 bpcell 107May 10 bpcell 109
She trotted around in them, long enough for me to snap these quick phone shots! Too funny, and she even stopped to give me a 'hi five'!

These are the same two oven mitts, the day before that, she had stood on tiptoe to swipe off the countertop. She wore them over her hands then, for that tray of "food" she was "cooking" and imagined was too "hot hot" to hold without them!

Oh, the fun with pretend play and dressing up! What Kait enjoys -- more and more. Shortly after turning 1 was when she stumbled on a chain of beads, and on her own had put it round her neck. Where'd she get that from? I haven't worn a necklace in a long time.

Her daddy could not help but laugh, and had said out loud:
She is a girl (alright)!

More fun with that same necklace last month...
Apr 10ii bpcell 008 cApr 10ii bpcell 010
... and she was playing peek-a-boo with the hat -- now I see you, now I don't! Hats and shoes, and whatever she pretends to be her headgear and footwear, are a hit with her!
(Apr phone pictures)

Guess some things do come naturally! Kait also happens to be my greatest helper, and 1 yo steady on her feet was when she staked her claim to the swiffer-mop. She likes to run around with it -- after me and the vacuum cleaner! I've added a steam-mop to my tools of the trade since, and while it does not replace the vacuum cleaner, it saves me the hassle of the bucket of soapy water.

Another way to clean with less hassle: (right) mopping up a water spill with a wipe or napkin -- and with one foot! Moms relying on multitasking, make use of our feet also -- especially when our hands are full with the li'l Koala, haha! Quite naturally, Kait has picked up some housecleaning tips and tricks from watching, following, or clinging on to me (still). - pix from 15mos

I've got more pictures of the dressup fun and girl that Kait is, from months ago meant for that 1.5 yo update I never got round to. There's also the thinking out of the box, e.g. she uses a bowl, a box, or something totally unrelated as a hat, a camera, a stool, etc. That's always delightful to watch any child do. It's whatever she puts her imagination to, and catches her fancy!

Kait turned 21 mos two weeks ago, and was happily doing forward head rolls. Outdoors, she hurls her tiny self on the swing and go "Wheeeeee!!!" as she swings away, tummy down -- like a big girl already! Quite the thrill-seeker she is!

This month she also goes from asking us to "Help me!" to getting excited about I-can-do-it-myself, and learns to undress and dress herself. She unzips her sweater and throws it to the ground, and sits down to take off her sneakers. Sitting down is also how she is able to slip her legs through a pair of pants, and I give her a little help to pull them the rest of the way up her bottom! She can be really insistent about putting on a t-shirt or a coat all by herself, and learns through trial and error.

She's getting independent, alright, so, by contrast, that baby-like feeding-on-demand 24/7, frequently still, is something I have to deal with.

11 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

wow! She is fast developmentally!! But like they say, thats always the case with the third child. They tend to grow up on their own. And arent we thankful for that? With 3 on our hands, we hardly have time for all of them, much less ourselves.
Have you stopped nursing her? Maybe that will help with that 24/7 feeding on demand.

bp said...

SAHM, with our hands full, i totally agree with what u said, hard to have time for all of them, much less ourselves... i need more hours in a day!!! no, have not weaned Kait, but thinking ahead to our summer plans, Vern like me also thot it may be better to do it after that. for boys, i weaned them later than this and it was the same interrupted sleep. another concern with Kait is she drinks v little cow's milk and is a picky eater.

sting said...

oh she's such a fun child :-) and smart too!

bp said...

Thanks, thanks for coming by Sting... *BP waves a big hi*!!! I've missed you, missed your updates... and now I know why... BIG CONGRATS to you dear, on Kay's arrival! God bless!

Jo said...

She's a girl alright! Thank goodness for that, right? Especially in view of the fact that she's surrounded by two boisterous kor-kor! :)

Capture these moments well, Bp. All these funny antics, they come and they go just as quickly... :)

bp said...

Jo, *nod, nod*... I totally agree with you on that, and you keep capturing and sharing your precious moments also, 'coz the children grow up so fast! And haha, the boisterous boys... as you can guess, the li'l girl is often also one of them, just like them!

Stardust said...

Aww, princess.. And may I exclaim how fast she's developing! Her independent side is good to hear. Before we know, she'll be your blessed lil helper.

The feeding part, 'siong' hor? Let's hope that she'll grow to like other edibles more. Hang in there! Hey, we're just a lil away from August! Time flies...

bp said...

Stardust, thanks. It's exciting to watch Kait learn and grasp new things, and often she is the one that initiates it! This is also when the "terrible 2's" already hit, but let me spare you the details... for now! With Aug coming, your lil bro's big day will be here soon also :).

Sondra said...

Aren't girlies just SO DIFFERENT than BOYS?!! I can't believe how BIG she is already~from across blogdom time has just flown by!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

slavemom said...

Kait's growing up to be independent real fast. And vy helpful too. Vy soon, u'll hv a vy good helper with the hse chores. Errr... hope the help she's giving will be more than the mess she's making. hehehe Well, u can't expect much from a 2 yo, rite? :)

bp said...

Sandi,
Time flies indeed, I'm always happy to hear from you! I hope things are well with you and your family, and also your CTS!

Slavemom,
Hahaha, the other Q is, how do we keep up that enthusiasm? I reminded my boys that they were once this helpful, too!