
That night of the school concert, I set the digital camera on timer mode and asked the kids to RUN!!!

I ran with them, too, and plunked ourselves on the couch, as I counted down to when the flash would come on and snap these shots!
Cheap thrill? Hehe!

The novelty had worn off some by the time the husband joined us, back from his out-of-town work trip.
Still, don't the guys look sharp in their shirts, and the gal, cute in her dress?

I was in my happy colour $10 top, and my hair I lopped off many inches two months ago, has grown back quicker than I thought. Time to cut it short again? That's still more chore- and kid-friendly, as is my usual, even more casual basic-tee-n-jeans ensemble.
For all the scrambling to my feet to do this and that, and running around with the children day in day out, I'm glad for these moments to let my hair down. And to remember to count my blessings... spur-of-the-moment, now, and always!

I love my children -- on the good days and wild ones, too. Whether or not they pick a special day to give me a back massage. Especially if they forgot about giving me that massage!
But now, the "blooms" the boys made for me in school for Mother's Day -- Ben's painting, and Jon's vase with flower motifs, were the sweetest I've stopped and smelled all spring! "Ewww" certainly does not begin to describe them.
It was "Awww!!!", thank you guys... luv ya... (smelly feet, and all)...


... And thank you Lord for blessing this ordinary woman who does what a lot of wives and moms do everyday to care for the family, with such extraordinary riches:
Our children, as my friend EY said to me not too long ago, are what make us the richest moms; I can't agree more!
Mine are also 'enriching' me and their dad with old and new attitude and behavior, we are learning to deal with one day at a time. That's not to say I have not pulled my hair out, or am not tossing and turning in my sleep over them! There is much to teach our children as there is to learn from them, and with them.
More Awww...
Awww for Awesome, and how AWESOME is this: CONGRATULATIONS to Fay and her family on the arrival of baby Hannah this Mother's Day!!! Fay is my non-blogging "twin" I'm blessed to know because of blogging!

9 comments:
Thanks Mom. By the way Bens feet really stank.
Hahaha! i'll come to the AKR post, u keep going meanwhile!
Awwwww, that sounds like it was a fun moment. I must give it a try. But I am sure lil D will be the only one running in for the pic. The older two are at that age where they dont want to be in photos!
And dont forget to post pics of the school concert. I am sure your boys took part.
I love the dress Kait is in!!And that top, the colour looks great on you!!
and from one rich mum to another - you are doing great despite all that "hair pulling, and tossing in your sleep". I wish I had hair like yours!!
and now I am going to run over to Jon's blog!!
Thanks, SAHM! Yes, you got to try it, and do share the results, can't wait to see D, N and S with mom and dad, taking a fun (maybe silly?) moment altogether! Thanks for all your kind words, you probably understand the parenting challenges are v real and not easy at all. But I remember what u shared about gratitude, and had also read somewhere that being thankful, not just having a good laugh, really really helps us stay positive! I'm learning to do that!
(hehe, Jon is excited, and i hope he will keep writing)!
Aww... that pictured all the fun. And Jon with his extended arms, they carry so much love. =) Beautiful smiles on your faces, just picture perfect. I want some family picture like that!
Ben has that cutest feet lift! ( That's becos I don't smell em! =P )
We must take all the time we can to relish this Spring okee? Hugs + e-massage.. Derecckkkkk...
Awww, i can use your hugs and e-massage, thanks Stardust and for your sweet words! i hope one of these days u will also post your lovely pixes of u n Bear, and then more when the cubs come :)! right now, i'm enjoying your spring blossoms, like a reminder to breathe in, breathe out!
Oh, this is such a happy post. love it! love all the smelly feet too! :) :)
Thanks Jo, the joys among the hair-pulling and rougher moments and days... I'd better count them, yah, for my own sanity!
Post a Comment