Friday, May 7, 2010

Stop and smell these flowers

Ahhh... spring is the loveliest time to stop and smell the flowers!

Kait's fever broke after a few days, yay! I cooked noodles and more noodles, her fave, to encourage her to eat -- and give me a break from being her "free flow beverage bar" ;p.

Vern made it back in time for the school concert, rather than run into another night and day with his trip. Jon happily sang his one line solo part, and also enjoyed the recorder playing with all the other fourth graders.


The fun calypso-like tunes got Ben inspired to want to learn and play music, too! The performance ended on a sweet note with Ode de Joy!

I'll keep this short and sweet, with these spring blossoms to share. Especially if you can use a "stop and smell the flowers" moment. I can!

Have a lovely Mother's Day weekend!






























On boys and flowers...
Ben (on bike, above) bubbled over with excitement when he told me his teacher finally let the class paint something.


Then he got to the part about what they painted: "Flowers... Eeewww!!!".

Why Eeewww?

"Moooommmm, I'm a boy!"!

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Happy Mother's day!!

Glad Vern is back. Now you can sit back and take a break, and enjoy your Mothers day :)

bp said...

Thanks SAHM, and you have a great and happy Mother's Day, too! Yes, nice whenever we can share out the children, hehe... Vern does have his work to get on with, besides the grass to mow, and I'm also trying to cram in whatever housework I didn't manage to get to earlier in the week... b4 we start over on Mon! Guess a mother's (or a father's) job never really ends. But you're right, I hope we can kick back a lil on Sun, that even sitting down here for a bit helps me catch my breath n catch up with u :)

Yan said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you, bp.

Jo said...

Hahaha..Ben is already so "man" at a young age. Tell him something, like, it takes a real man to acknowledge the beautiful things in life, and that includes flowers. I dunno.. I'm just bla-ing. hehehe..

Love the cherry blossom tree. Sooo pretty!

Stardust said...

bp dear, late on this one, hoped you've had a lovely mother's day nevertheless, lovely like the blooms over there! So your girl likes noodles, like auntie Stardust. Yup, that should make you close your bar soon, let's hope. ;P

You simply deserve this beautiful, warm Spring! Hugs.

bp said...

Yan, Jomel, Stardust,
Thanks for coming by with your well-wishes, I appreciate it! Hope it's been a good week for u, busy but meaningful! *Hugs*