Thank you so much for caring! Sorry I got you worrying, and worried for me.
Today's baby exam turned up normal. The same checks will be done for 10 weeks or so, as that's about how long the virus can act up; hopefully and prayerfully, it will not.
I just want you to know how much your friendship -- that transcends the many miles separating us --means to me! Besides what I blogged, only Ben's teacher here, and a few old friends I emailed, know my anxiety.
Your uplifting words, and lifting up of my family in prayer, really warm my heart! I treasure our friendship, just as I must not take for granted the very precious gift of life.
Here's also wishing each and every one...
A Very Happy Mother's Day!!!
whether you are a fellow mommy, and/or spending it with your mother by your side. And if you are in a home away from home -- as some of you are, you can relate to how we wish all our loved ones are within closer reach!
For me, every time Mother's Day rolls around, I miss my late mom a lot more. It's been over 20 years since we lost her to cancer. And I know it's silly of me, wishful thinking on my part, but I'd imagine having these conversations with her about my children. And she would, in her usual way, be listening, not judging, despite my inadequacies.
Perhaps the most important lesson my mom left behind for me, is to value each person for who he or she is. Something that as a mother, I try to do with my own children. But it's not easy.
On being mom...
I fall into the parent trap of judging, criticizing, and comparing. And even when I'm trying to give my boys the same advantage, and equal opportunities, I know I'm not the only parent who's worked myself up into some crazier-than-crazy schedules.
Ben doesn't have his own ECAs yet, but already, from his classmates' birthday parties, I've had a foretaste of what it's like dropping one child off for one activity, then taking the other to another activity, with just enough time to come back for child no. 1, before rushing off again to fetch child no. 2.
But beyond "surface" things, I need to recognize each child is unique -- to be nurtured and valued individually. And for that reason, as someone had put it, we can't "even-steven" them. There are other things to be learnt and taught as well. Like, sharing, taking turns, and how life itself is sometimes just "not fair" (as all kids have a knack for reminding us parents... sounds familiar?) ;p.
All these I'm learning, still learning, and many more things I have not grasped. But no one's perfect, no mother's perfect. I guess that's also the beauty of life -- with any aspect of it, it is always a work in progress. So we never stop learning!
And it's dear friends like you, the gem that you are -- because you care, and you share, that makes life's journey, with its smooth paths, and twists and turns, so much sweeter! Often, too, it's not from parenting books or magazines that we get the best advice, but you who have been there, done that, and willing to pass on what works, or not, in real life, not just in theory.
Many thanks again for being here for me! HUGS for you now, and God bless you dearly!!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Happy Mothers' Day, dear friend.
Sometimes, it's also the friends and the ordinary and everyday that reminds us of His faithfulness!
I am so happy to read about the good news. Forget to congratulate you for having #3 ! :)
the next time, you will have to squeeze time to drop #3 for his/her activities. hehe!
Happy Mother's Day to you ! please take good care of yourselves :)
Hello dear,
It's really good to hear the result for now. =) Let's continue to trust the Lord for His goodness and commit the entire situation to His hands. I shall continue to pray for you and the lil' one.
This Mother's Day mail is a heartfelt one, it really stirs my emotion much. Sorry to hear about your mom,but I'm sure that she's always proud of you while looking down from heaven. I shall be learning too how to appreciate each individual, and judge not by carnal eyes. =) Thanks for sharing this, I wish you, a Happy Mother's Day ( though I'm not your kiddy ). =P
Yan,
Thanks, and cheers to friendship, and amen to God's faithfulness in our lives!
Ling,
Thanks, thanks. You have a wonderful Mother's Day now!
Stardust,
Oops, hope I didn't sound too solemn with my memory of my mom. But hehe, from this "big sis" (and sis-in-Christ), you have a wonderful weekend, too! Bless your heart for being here for me, and you are in my thoughts and prayers too... re: your mail!
Glad to hear the good news. You take care, BP and happy mother's day to you.
Hi Bp, first of all, I would like to wish you a happy happy day with your family. By this time next year, you will have an additional healthy bouncing baby celebrating this special ocassion with you. How merry that would be! :)
I agree with you that no parents are perfect because of the humanity in us.. but we try to be as near perfection as we possibly could in our parenting journey. That's really good enough.
No matter how imperfect our kids are, we somehow only think of their goodness when we think of them. I believe we do that with our mothers too. :)
*Big HUGS*
One step at a time, one day at a time. I am soooo glad to hear that all's well so far. I will continue to pray that it will continue to be so!
And friends like you are gems to mums like me as well. Its so unusual that tho we have never met, and you live so far away, yet I feel so close to you.
Happy Mother's Day my BBF. You are a real super MUM!!
Ps go view my complete profile.
Jo-N,
Thanks, and wishing you a great Mom's Day and wonderful week ahead!
Jomel,
*Hugs you back* Yay, good enough is best, too! And thanks for the reminder, I mustn't take any blessing for granted!
SAHM,
*twines me pinky around yours*... and so glad you're back! It's just not the same without your updates, you are the super mum I get inspiration and encouragement from! Thanks for your constant sharing!
So glad to hear the good news. Hoping n praying that all the tests will be normal 10 wks down the road. U hv a wonderful, fantastic n happy Mother's Day too!
good to hear that :-) happy mother's day too...
I lost my mum to cancer too and I still misses her... but I guess life does go on
Glad to hear the good news about the baby & Happy Mother's Day to you too! :)
Slavemom, Sting, Blur Mommy,
Thanks, and you have a terrific week now!
Post a Comment