Friday, April 4, 2008

*Hugs*

I'm clearing up after dinner. Ben comes and wraps his arms around me...

Ben: Can I hold you like this? Until the sun goes down?

I sit down, put Ben on my lap, and give him a nice, tight squeeze!

Me: Of course! (But) It's getting dark... the sun is going down already.

Ben: Can you hold me like this until the next day, when the sun goes down AGAIN?!

And then, Ben lets me bask in this-week's-best-moment-with-him...
... for like about 1 second!

Ben: Now, can you go and get my dessert? (At which point, Master Cheeky promptly jumps off my lap!)

Strawberries or not for dessert, don't we all love a good cuddle now and then? And here's one *BIG HUG* especially for you who's reading this! Thanks for your wonderful suggestions in response to my last post -- literally, food for thought for me =).

As for that special moment with Ben, I really needed it. All week long, he's been hard to reason with, and on quite a destructive streak -- throwing things, besides throwing tantrums, and even hurling himself to the floor! I don't know why the outbursts more than usual, but there were moments when it felt like my little boy was trapped in the pits of pre-preschooler stage again when words hadn't come easy to toddlers. And I so felt like going "Waaaaaaaa!" myself, too!

But it's the end of the week... YAY! And things are looking up! My husband is feeling less flu-ish. Today, too, Jon aka Master Pink Cheeks looks more normal than when he woke up on Tuesday, though not quite as cute! Now he's got less reason to blush, when teased by some older girls from school. They had started calling him cute, much to his embarrassment, even before the temporary "natural glow"! ;p

12 comments:

Stardust said...

Ha ha ha, how old is little Ben? He's so adorable!! When a little boy clings on you like that, it can be a little hard to resist. Heheh. Jon gets teased in a positive way actually, he'll probably feels flattered when he recalls the teasing as he gets older. ;P

Hug u back.

NomadicMom said...

WAH...New layout and background!

stay-at-home mum said...

And a BIG HUG for you too! *Hug*
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. you boy is lovely

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet Ben is! Makes all the hard work worth it yeah.

Anonymous said...

A hug is always welcomed. Hugs back to u.

bp said...

Stardust,
Thanks, Ben will be 4 next month!

Nomadic Mom,
Hehe! Me itchy fingers... just changed it at the click of a few buttons.

SAHM,
Thanks! You have a great week!

Keeyit,
Thanks!

Viv,
It was the greatest moment last week! I hope this week he's less prone to tantrums!

Tot's Mom,
Thanks, and you're most welcome!

Have a great new week now, ladies!!!

Yan said...

The mother-son connection sends tingles throughout my body - I could catch that heart-warming scene - until the next day's sunset! Such simple request really stirs my spirit, soothes my soul and gladdens my heart!

As I ponder of the beauty now, I recall the conversation of Rachel and Chris yesterday. They go to the youth worship service where Auntie Grace (one of the youth worship advisors, and also a good friend) shared about BGR (Boy-girl relationship) yesterday. Rachel said Chris is still clingy to mum and laughed. Chris said, "Auntie Grace said it would be only 14 when we start do not want mum to be around all the time, I am only 12."

Be wholesomely captured of those previous moments with our children!

bp said...

Yan,
Thanks, we can never have enough of these precious moments, right?!

slavemom said...

Ben (aka Master Genius) knows how to get what he wants eh? :) And thx for the big hug. *hugz*

Jo said...

hehe... naughty ben ben!

*BIG HUGS* to the wonderful mummy! :)

bp said...

Slavemom, Jomel,
Thanks, *me hug you back*... finally someone sees Ben's playful (read: mischievous) side! I tried not to think his hug came with an "ulterior" motive... hehe!