It's almost the end of the week-long spring break! The boys have been keeping me really occupied with their lots more than usual of Jon vs. Ben/Ben vs. Jon moments, that's hard to just leave them be. Besides me trying to keep up with them, and keep them out of mischief.
There are also a few things on my mind. One of them is Jon's frequent visits to the bathroom for a couple of weeks now. More than I'm already going, as you'll expect, but I have a valid (you may say, "bigger") reason for doing so.
By this week, when he's been consistently going as often as four to five times every hour (how not for a mother to worry!), we finally made an appointment for him to see the pediatrician. Jon did his urine test today, and thank God, the results were normal! The doctor said it could be a psychological thing.
I went through a similar phase when I was in Primary 1 -- raising my hand every so often to ask the teacher oh-so-politely, "May I be excused?". So much so, my elder sis had to be called in, from her classroom one floor up, to find out if there was anything wrong with me. But I don't remember if my constant urge to go had just gone away like that.
For women, there's the Kegel exercise that can go a long way to help incontinence. What about for children? Any suggestions for what I can do to discourage Jon from still going so often, other than to play it down? Thanks!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Does it happen only in school or at home as well? If in school, could have something to do with the subject or teacher.
Sometimes it will pass if we do not give it too much attention.
Hey, if you let me have your address, I can send you a packet of those straws!!
It was happening in school before the spring break (from what I gathered), still going on at home, and whenever we are outside, too. Now that I know it's not the sugar levels in the urine, think as you said, I'd better not give it (or Jon) too much attention.Hopefully, it'll just pass.
SAHM, thanks for the offer, it's so very nice of you. But let me not bother you with this.
I have never encountered that with my kids. I hope it's just a phase that he's going through. Yeah, like you said, just don't pay attention to it, or rather, let Jon feel like you are not paying any attention to it.
Thanks Jomel. I hope the frequency will go back to normal soon.
Post a Comment