Kena langa-ed!
Sigh! Or should I say, Bummer?!!
Someone backed up into our car at the school carpark. Good thing no one was hurt. Ben and I were inside the building when it happened.
But there are a few dents on our car -- the door, and the part next to the tyre, and some paint got scratched off.
The other party's car looked OK; its bumper must have cushioned the knock.
I know that repairs for dents can come to quite a lot. Hopefully, the other person's insurance will be able to cover the damages. Because none of us would want that kind of dent in our pocket!
It's not a good time though, with exams for Vern tomorrow and Friday. And I'm feeling his stress. But go ahead, call me a "female chauvinist" (is there even such a term?), I still prefer to leave such matters to him. The repairs will just have to wait a bit.
Now I'm not surprised if this isn't the first accident to take place in the school carpark. The carpark is on an incline, and like a lot of other mommies who are our children's chauffeur, I may be in the carpool line up to three times a day, but manoeuvring the bends and parked cars, to join two moving lines of cars, can be pretty tricky.
Maybe it's knowing that, it was the reason why the word "Bummer!" didn't cross my mind... until now! Nonetheless, the fact that the other party had bumped into our stationary car, although the car park wasn't that full then, is a reminder for me to be careful. And also not to take the Lord's protection for granted.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
When things like that happen it just spoils our day. We just have to be extra careful, and worse when there is rain or in your case snow! Take care!!
Gosh! Thank God none of you were in the car. At least the other party was around for you to claim their insurance. Mine was a hit n run case recently. Was shock to find the dent at the back of my car after my meeting. =.="
oh.. what a bummer. so sorry. thank goodness no one was in the car. and thank goodness, you don't have to pay for the damages. :)
SAHM,
I couldn't help but sigh and sigh! And I thot it was awful to drive in the wet weather all week long.
Jade,
Poor thing, it must have meant a dent in your pocket! Bummer! In my case, it could be because there were too many "witnesses", and the car park was getting crowded at that time.
Jomel,
No one getting hurt was most impt. Hubby's too tied up these few days to look into the matter, and hopefully it can be covered under the other party's insurance. We are assuming it can!
I know it is so inconvenient and a hassle but praise God no one was hurt.
In time, all will be back to normal.
Have a good Easter break.
hi, some awards for u. Have a nice weekends!
a simple tag for u..have a nice day
Thank God for His protection.
Happy Easter.
Judy, Yan,
Thanks. Indeed, thank God no one was hurt.
Hazel,
Will look them up, thanks.
Happy Easter, all!
Hi BP,
I broke out in cold sweat when I read the post. Thank God that you're alright... Do be very careful during driving. I'm also trying to be more cautious after having 3 nasty experiences last year.
God bless!
Stardust,
Thanks for your concern. The Lord's protection I must not take for granted. You take care, too, and drive safely.
Post a Comment