

My little alligator is getting better from a cold, after his fever subsided. He's still sniffling, and always doesn't want to nap, not even for half an hour, unlike the lazy, sleepy, "knobbly brown log" on the riverbank (that had the wide-mouthed frog almost fooled -- you know that children's story, one of my favourites that we still go back to read now and then?). But it's good to see him up and about, not lethargic.
And maybe there's a lesson in there for us too, from the croc, the croc-hunter wannabe, and all those dinosaurs and reptiles Ben isn't over! To grin and 
And here's why, according to Ben, the crocodiles survived, not the dinosaurs...
A T-rex came. And a reptile and a crocodile.
It ate up the plant-eating dinosaur.
The asteroid came and the crocodiles ate up the dinosaurs.
The dinosaurs died.
The end!
This was the "dictation" Ben gave his teacher last week, after I made this simple croc craft with him at home. And it was really nice of her to have jotted it down, to add to the precious moments and little tales for us parents to cherish when our little alligators grow up!
It worked for us, maybe you want to give it a try?
To make the croc, simply join two paper plates at one end, that'll do the trick, and decorate (little kids will need help to cut the teeth)! Then, add two holes just behind the eyes, for the fingers to fit in, and snap away!
Adapted from: "Sing!, Play!, Create!" by Lisa Boston

10 comments:
When I drop Little D off at school I always say: See you later alligator. and her reply is: In a while crocodile!
I think she picked it up from her teacher!
hi, so fun ur son playing with the alligator.
fun to make that le.. I never made that before during kindergarden
SAHM,
We say the See you later, alligator, too! And D's reply is really cute, I must try that with Ben! =)
Hazel,
He had a bit of fun with it, but when I asked him where it went, he couldn't find it!
Keeyit,
Hehe, I also didn't make such crafts when I was little. But when I came across this one, I thought it was easy enough and fun to make! And it did work... for a little while, till my little boy started looking for something else to play with!
bp,
What creativity! Alligator, croc! I have also one story on "saying goodbye after dropping off children".
Here you are!
http://yantouch.wordpress.com/2005/10/19/stuff-of-life/
Some selling here, hope you don't mind! He..he..
Glad to read that your little alligator is getting much better!
Very creative indeed. Mmm, my kids have gone past that stage....pheewww! :lol:
You can tell I never did much craft with them. :P
Yan,
Thanks for that beautiful story, I always appreciate and enjoy your sharing! =)
Tot's mom,
Thanks, I'm looking forward to when it's not so cold!
Judy,
Thanks, the croc idea was from a crafts book that I stumbled on at the library, and it turned out to be quite fun... while the novelty lasted!
Love the craft and pics!
(And, if you ever come down to Florida, we'll have to take y'all on an airboat to see the alligators. It's fun!)
Tulip Girl,
Thanks! O boy, alligators and airboats -- our boys will be so thrilled!
Post a Comment