Tuesday, February 5, 2008

To friends in the wonderful blogging world...

This post is especially for those of you I've come to know as a result of blogging.

It's a wonderful blogging world, as I call it -- with no-holds barred to who can be friends with who! And many of you have found me here first, before I found you in your space. I'm so glad we met!

You leave me comments that are words of encouragment, if not, words of wisdom! And it means a whole great deal to me, that you care enough to do that! Some of you will even nudge or 'poke' me, just to make sure I'm still here!

That's what friends are for, right? And I want to thank you for being my friend!

The Forever Friends Award


It says:
A Ball is a Circle, no beginning, no end.
It keeps us together like a circle of friends.
But the treasure inside for you to see
Is the treasure of friendship you've granted to me.

And specifically to these fellow bloggers, my more regular readers, I'm happy to pass on this circle of friendship to you! And if you have already been awarded, you deserve the double honours for what a great friend you are!

- SAHM who gave me the award (thank you, you made my day!)
- Kopi Soh
- Bkworm
- Judy
- Priscilla
- Jomel
- Yan
- Nomadic Mom

To Fay also, if you are reading this, I just want to take this opportunity to let you know it's wonderful to hear from you always, and be reminded we are not alone in our parenting journey!

God bless y'all!

To all friends, and you don't have to be a blogger...
I am grateful for old friends, too, who've not given up on me.

There are fewer and fewer pals I'm in touch with as the years go by. But those who take the trouble amidst their own busy schedules, to ask me how I am, the miles separating us notwithstanding, I am always touched!

And the even fewer who do visit this blog, they may not be into blogging themselves, or leaving comments, but when they do drop me a line, that's nearly always when they must know I need a prayer, a ear, or just for them to let me know they are here if I need them!

I can't tell you how grateful I am, blessed with friends like this!

Friends are hard to come by. It's not easy to find those to click with, and with those I don't, I try and not think it's because of me or something I said that caused them to close our communication lines. But it's something I'm learning to leave a margin around.

Having said that though, more often than not, all that friends have to do, is just be there, and be ourselves! =)

12 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Hey bp
You deserve it!! Congrats!

Bkworm said...

Thanks so much for the award. :) Friends are God's gift to us here on earth and I am so glad that He has blessed me with your friendship!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Congrats ! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so touched, and yes we will be forever friends, you deserve the award and I am happy that you think I deserve it too. Sahm gave me this award as well so for me it's extra special becoz two people think I am worthy to be their friend. *dab dab happy tears*
Tankiu Tankiu.

Jo said...

awww... you are so sweet! Although we are miles and miles apart and we have never met in person, I feel very blessed to have known you and your lovely family through your blog. I draw inspiration from you like you from me. And I do hope to get the chance to meet you one fine day. :)

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Sondra said...

*CONGRATULATIONS!* on your award~it made my day to see you recognized!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Yan said...

I am so touched, bp!

I could not remember how exactly I stumbled into your blog! It must be a link from our common friends in the wonderful world of blogging.

Yes, in the blogging world it's friendship "without face", but we are concerned so much of each others' little details in life. And, honestly, when I don't read the updates of blogs I often visit for a while, I miss something and get concerned too!

This friendship poem by George Eliot has been with me since my younger days, sharing with you today!

Thank you for being a friend!

Oh, the comfort,
the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person;
having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words,
but to pour them all out,
just as they are,
chaff and grain together,
knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and then, with a breath of kindness,
blow the rest away.

bp said...

Thanks all for being here for me! It's a joy, and you are always such inspiration!

To Ling and Sandi too, I'm happy we bumped into each other... just like this =).

Jomel - Ditto! I'm sure I can pick you out if I saw you on the street! Hehe!

Yan - Nice poem!

Anonymous said...

Woh....thank you, thank you! How embarassing, came late to collect award!

That is very kind of you and you truly deserve this award.

It is so amazing how blogging can bring us together in a very 'intimate' way even though we have not all met one another.

Let us continue to encourage and support one another in our good days, our bad days, happy days and sad days.....all the days!! God bless.

bp said...

Judy,
No worries. Happy we can be there for each other!

NomadicMom said...

Thank you! Thank You! *quickly come and snatch award*...hehehe..this nomadicmom NOT shy one. Hehehe..

With the recent fiasco with my "friend", it is really nice to have this award from you! Feel really happy. Thanks for the award, and thanks for listening to my vents!

bp said...

Nomadic Mom,
Welcome, you're most welcome, friend! Glad to see you in better spirits, don't be too down over that friend, OK? Sometimes it's just harder to move along in some relationships more than others. I know.