And guess what? That's how I got my front row seat, albeit on the floor (!), but it was as close as I could get to capturing all the fun and action happening in the gym, that day!
Grandparents grooving to the beat, and gamely taking to the floor, to do The Twist!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
Like the grandpas and grandmas there, I too was floored -- impressed with how well thought out and put together the program was. The school turns 50 this year, and the theme of the event was things to do with the 195o's.
So, besides those young Chubby Checker fans among the 5th and 6th graders, including an Elvis in their midst, there were also boys and girls -- 1st graders -- donning The Cat in the Hat's red-and-white striped hat, and reciting familiar rhymes out of Dr Seuss books.
It was a nice walk down memory lane for all grandparents, too, especially those who had been there to play those games highlighted by the 3rd and 4th graders, way back when everything from Lego and hula hoops, to Barbie dolls and ant hills even, were introduced!
And specially for our boys' grandparents who understandably could not attend the event, here are snippets of
- Ben and the rest of the pre-elementary level, doing "Jesus is my rock, and He rolls away the blues..." and that cool "Bop, shoo bop, shoo bop, whooooooo!" he's got Jon and me, still singing along with him, at home!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
- Jon and the 2nd graders, making up their very own Mickey Mouse Club, with signature Mickey ears they made themselves out of construction paper!
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
I would love to also post pictures I'd snapped of my boys and their friends, if only the red eye function on our camera hadn't not worked for them, as seems to be the case whenever it's a picture taken with flash. Any suggestions on how I can correct that?
But I do have a shot of Jon, Ben, and me, that another mommy helped us take, that may do for now, for me to remember that special day I was both mom and grandma rolled into one! ;p

6 comments:
It's really nice that the school celebrates Grandparents Day. It is so important yet often overlooked.
Red eye is easy to correct. Are you using Jasc Paint Shop if you are then there is a special button to correct red eye.
I wish they celebrated grandparents day in schools over here. Looks like it was great fun!
BP, u know what, I feel so proud of you and Jon. You are so amazing with your 2 boys, being there, to watch him perform, reading about him giving you a hug after his previous performance really made me cry...and being so versatile, playing all different roles to your children. BP, thank you for being such an inspiration, because I know if you can do it, we all can, as long as we believe in it.
Your older son has that NICE wide smile of yours!!
Looks like lots of fun! Your sons are so cute in their performance! :)
Firehorse,
Thanks, I need to go look up that red eye correction, but shouldn't the camera built-in one work for not just our dark brown eyes but other colours too?
SAHM,
And I'm sure grandparents back home will love to attend, too! =)
Priscilla,
Thanks, you are really encouraging and overgenerous with your kind words! I see how well you're juggling your work and family, and all the stuff you do with your kids, I'm always inspired =)
Nomadic Mom,
=)
Blur mommy,
Thanks! But my elder one was quick to point out tho', that the younger one wasn't as prompt with his actions for the song, but I tried to tell him, it's OK! It's about having a fun time, right?
Post a Comment