
This recipe is fast and easy, and because it doesn't contain eggs, you don't have to worry about underbaking the cookies.
Ben helped mix the dough... stir, stir, stir, swirl, swirl, swirl!

Jon couldn't wait the couple of minutes the choc chips and butter took to melt in the microwave. He went and amused himself with swirls and whirls of a different kind.

But both boys, and me too, did eat the cookies hot off the oven, as seems to be how we always like our home-baked snacks!
Ben: Can't talk now... my mouth's full... um, mum, mum, yum!

The remaining cookies we refrigerated have the same brownie style, whether eaten cold or at room temperature.
We hope you'll enjoy yours too, if you do give this recipe a try!
Recipe for Mom's Brownie Drops
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
12 oz (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or magarine
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Melt choc chips and butter -- in the microwave to save time, or use a double boiler over low heat if you like.
- Stir in condensed milk and flour, mixing well.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then stir in vanilla and nuts. Dough will be soft.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Flatten dough.
- Bake 9 min.
- To the recipe, we also added 1 cup of dried cranberries, for more texture and sweetness.
- The yield was supposed to be for 5 dozen cookies, but I made our cookies bigger and we had about 2 dozen.



3 comments:
Looks like a very esay cookie recipe. Will try it out. But you must have had really BIG Cookies... you made only 2. For the 2 boys I presume? But what about you? Next time make it a bit smaller and make 3. You deserve one too!! ;)
someday your kids are going to make their wives and kids very happy people. they can bake! thanks to lessons from mum (that's you) :)
SAHM,
Oops, I meant 2 dozen, not just 2... I've corrected the typo, thanks. I hope you'll enjoy the cookies, too. Yes, such recipes are great whether we're crunched for time or looking for something simple enough to involve our little ones in the kitchen. I'll post them as and when there's something that works for us, just for sharing.
Bkworm,
It's really also because I like the aroma wafting from the oven, however easy the recipe may be! Guess as parents, we do our part and the rest is up to our kids.
Post a Comment