Sunday, February 5, 2012

3, 2, 1... liftoff!

She wouldn't hold my hand -- walking to where I'd parked, after an hour's wait for the eldest to finish his afterschool chess club. That was when her two brothers paused goofing around and gave her a friendly boost!

When the kids play nicely, and lend us an uplifting hand, doesn't it help keep us super human* moms going? ;)

God is good! Our really busy week came with more boosts for all of us, including the husband in spite of his own hectic schedules:

An unexpected third place win for our cubscout at the derby race. Before that, merit badges and new ranks for our scout at that winter court of honor. And relying on the slowcooker to churn out the soy chix drums for that potluck, same day I squeezed in the CNY crafts in meimei's preschool.

All not to be taken for granted: blessings and bonuses. The up moments, that even though life also has its downs and things we struggle with, that remind us that each day is more than just another day of to-ing and fro-ing :).

***

*I mean we feel the frazzledness, fatigue, frustrations in the human being sense. It was my xth roundtrip of consecutive days of schoolruns and activities. In the mad morning rush, I forgot something as simple as the youngest's shoes. By my second trip out, I brought TWO PAIRS for her just in case (mom's guilt ;p)! Boy was I exhausted but was also hanging on to the things that went right, and what might help with my sanity :).


(Rolled out later than when I started writing this)

1 comment:

Stardust said...

Good job, good job mom. More than just good. And God is good indeed, am sure too He's delighted seeing the goodness in you as a mom. It's only human to feel all those fs, I gulp a big one reading just what you do. Pats on your back, beautiful mom, and despite all weariness; thank you for writting em down for my source of inspiration.

I'm ashamed of what I complain about despite the very little I do... I hope my senseless words haven't brought you down, think it's time I grow up and step up too.

Hugs to the wonderful mom-friend I find in you!