Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Dragon Year!

That snow day for the boys (no schoolruns!) bought me some time to make this...

Bak-kwa!

Only one other time last year I had done this. So it was really quite a delicacy! :)

After that, I passed off my everyday cleaning as springcleaning, happily rolling whatever dust and laundry I had not got to, over to the next day and next! In the spirit of "nian nian you yu", haha, but don't quote me on this!

A new dress from a summer sale got Meimei happy and in a dancing mood!
She went, "Dance with Koala", then *drops the koala*, and decided, "It's more fun with dance with the cushion, hahahahaha!"!

Meimei also helped me raid the pantry for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 "treasures" :D. We improvised.

And yes, her brothers were especially glad we did the steamboat -- with fishballs, and more -- on the eve of the Lunar New Year, last Sunday! :D





Flowers for our new friends who had us over for a potluck on the eve of the eve. 
Card from my awesome gf who sends us one year after year.

Cheers to friendships old and new!




1 comment:

Stardust said...

It smells full of CNY spirit over there!! I'm hoping that I'll run something close in years to come. HAPPY NEW YEAR BP and loved ones, though today is when the CNY closes, better late than never. I wish I had the time to make some bk, but ( excuses, excuses ) my pc runs real slow and tracking things are hard! Got to go back to where you shared the recipe and also, not sure if my oven does the job since it doesn't have the 'broil' feature. You think 'bake' works?

Alas, hungry again. Your bk too tempting.