Monday, January 2, 2012

Whoosh... Goodbye, 2011!

Spending new year's eve on
Mt Spokane was a really cool treat. 


The boys had waited all Christmas break for that. Because hubby had his work and deadlines to chase still -- and worktrips coming right up!


Like Meimei who took her first chairlift ride that day (she's gungho like that), I felt excited yet unsure, too, on the brink of the new year -- about what it would bring.


That night, back home, I watched Diary of the Wimpy Kid 2 with all three kids. It happened to be on TV and ended at midnight. The boys camped on their mattresses we'd dragged out from their bedroom, Meimei and I shared the couch, and we all shared a large bowl of microwaved popcorn!


The LOL, silly moments between brothers Greg and Rodrick in the show, forced to bond by their parents, were perfect for ringing in the new year. With lots of laughter, and eager anticipation ("sit down, sit down, you're too close to the TV!", I had to urge the younger two kids ;p) of how things would work out. And aww moments, too, that underneath all the sibling fights, they loved one another! 


Happy new year to you and yours! May it be filled with joy and love overflowing, and a sense of adventure, too, to try new things maybe. I know we also have to keep going with all the works in progress in our lives, my life. By His grace. Onward ho!


(Rolled out late, life is busy)!

No comments: