Friday, December 30, 2011

Ho, ho... hols (while they lasted)!

Our Christmas hols was a bit colorful and a lot RANDOM like this...

I am just keeping it real... ho, ho, ho! 


That last batch of cream cheese cookies was for ourselves. I was using the frosting press as a makeshift cookie press -- until the boys (are boys!) found the more creative use for it! :D.


With the house in a much bigger mess (no kidding!), I've resolved to try and do something about it... after the new year!


So there were the Christmas joy and blessings. Meimei also made some playdough-cake for Jesus, the reason for the season!


Because we had potlucked at another family's before that, I hammed it up just a little for our own Christmas eve dinner. And then made a few more simple meals out of the leftovers from the slowcooked spiral ham.


Boxing day, the hubby, though bogged down with work (still), was game for some shopping. I picked out a sweater for him and two knit-tops for myself at a bargain, and the children also got their unexpected best buys.


It was so cold to play outdoors, Meimei played hopscotch while grocery shopping with me! 


Still, she happily joined her brothers to keep me busy on my their feet -- and to keep from "suffering from major boringness"! (You bet that phrase from my younger boy, made me roll my eyes 8-I). 


So that was how we rolled...

And looked set to roll our way into the new year! :)



P.S. I know, it's more like "Ha, Ha... Happy New Year!" by the time you read this. I didn't manage to roll out the pics, all phone pics, as fast as when I started writing this. But can you see why it's replacing my point-and-shoot, for how convenient it is?! ;p

5 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

ho, ho ho-ing with you into the new year! The phone thingey is a good thing isnt it? We wouldnt be so up to date wth each other if not for it!

bp said...

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks SAHM, I'm glad to be more up-to-date with you, and am still discovering more new things the phone can do!

Wonder if there's a way to intersperse pictures between text for blog posts, do you know? So I can roll everything out from the phone, without having to wait till I can get on to the computer. If it's just one picture in the post, it works wonderfully from the phone app. Not for a post like this tho'. Hmm... maybe it's telling me to keep my posts short and sweet?! Another new year's resolution? Ho,ho, ho!

stay-at-home mum said...

erm, I cant even seem to upload pictures onto blogger from the phone. So looks like you should be the one teaching me how to. I am really a tech idiot. I am just glad I am able to take pics, hence you see much much more on my fb.

Stardust said...

Meimei is a trooper!

I didn't have my blades until I was.. 23?

I can't wait to hear from you as always, and your details. For only friends share details!! So don't tell me about the longwinded thing if it's you that you're sharing, that's how we knit friendship!

Tell me about the spiral ham!

And tell us about how God's blessings continue to pour upon your lives. Share the smiles still. :)

bp said...

SAHM,
I'm limited, still just embracing the wonders of the smartphone. The basic Blogger app is convenient, and straightforward -- just tap, tap to type in post, and add photos from your camera roll. But limited in other editing functions.

Stardust,
Thanks. Er, I still don't have blades leh... haha!

The spiral ham is precooked. You can roast it in the oven for a few hours. Or slowcook it -- with brown sugar, that's the basic recipe. This time I used the glazing that comes with the ham, and also added beef broth (coz I like how well it goes with pork; you can also use water or chix broth) just becoz we wanted it not just sweet but also savoury. This ham has worked for us as a nice alternative to turkey when we had company over one Christmas, and another new year. And slowcooked means it frees up the oven for you to cook other stuff if you need to.

The slowcooked method works the same way for bone-in picnic ham also:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-ham/

God's richest blessings on your lovely family always!