Thursday, February 23, 2012

When inspiration strikes

He sat down and added another chapter to a soldier story he started working on in his "free" time in school, when the mood seized him.


Because he doesn't like to sit still, it encourages me when he does like this.

That quiet time when his younger sis nodded off on our drive to school to meet him first before elder brother was done, was totally unplanned. While she took a catnap next to me, it worked out for me to watch him develop the story -- and let him know also how much I liked the details he gave to his drawings and writing.

I hope he is focused on his work during class time also -- paying attention, not talking. He thinks he can multitask and listen to the teacher at the same time!?! 8-l

Quick quip
Ben's lightbulb moment after showering: "Mom, I just figured it out... after 12, you turn thirTEEN! That's when you become a teen!" ;p

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

inspiration strikes when you least expect it. We just have to be patient, I guess :)

Stardust said...

I'm sure he's paying a good lot of attention in class, right smart Ben? Thank you for figuring it out for me, the 'teen' thing! :D