
Probably I baby our little boy more than I should, but
Ben...
is growing up!

He is at that stage where he doesn't want to miss out on anything. His latest interests are building planes with Lego blocks, and counting to 100 almost all by himself -- after which, he counts by 100's to reach 1,000, and then, by the 1,000's to get to 10,000!
I especially like how he still catches me by surprise, with a smack on the lips -- his way of telling me, "I love you"!
...with Friends
Over the weekend, we celebrated his 4th birthday with his friends, as was his wish, rather than with mom's and dad's counterparts. Classmates he finally got to call his own, since starting preschool nine months ago.
Sitting down at McDonald's with his friends for a happy meal, and cake and icecream, too!

It would have been a picnic in the park; turned out the teacher had planned something similar for the class' field trip just the day before.
And look what fun under the sun the boys and girls had on their outing, making funny faces at that!

Our indoor party worked out nicely. I didn't have to worry about the food, and entertainment wise, there was more than enough room for the kids to crawl around, climb up and down, and slide away at Mac's Playplace!


Now I also have a better excuse not to do another party so soon, because we've done one already.. hehe! Am I the only mom/parent who thinks like this? ;p
... with Daddy
Besides his friends,
Ben always craves one-on-one time with his daddy!And it was a special treat for Ben, when Vern made time to go along as a parent volunteer for that class picnic. And the couple of times, too, when daddy instead of mommy would show up for Ben's "Star of the Day", his turn for show-n-tell.
Homebaked treats to share with Ben's friends and teachers during his "Birthday Star Day" yesterday. Just about anything with choc chips always works, and I also added rainbow sprinkles and dried cranberries to these cookies!

... with Jon
And even without me saying, you can guess the other person Ben absolutely adores is his big brother Jon, whom he started calling "Jonny" not too long ago!That same day after the party, we went and cheered Jon and his friends on, in their baseball game!

... with mommy (me!)
It was almost 6 pm when
we got home that evening. The boys wanted their daddy to do a BBQ in the backyard, but we've all had a long day.So I did a simple, indoor version instead -- no need to get the charcoal going, and (yay!) no charred grill to scrub out later!
"BBQ" indoors, quite easily done, with these oven-roasted meat (chicken and beef), frozen vegetables, and garlic bread. And had there been room to fit in more trays, the corn needn't have been steamed.

The next day, on Ben's birthday itself, we managed lunch alfresco during an impromptu outing...
"BBQ" indoors, quite easily done, with these oven-roasted meat (chicken and beef), frozen vegetables, and garlic bread. And had there been room to fit in more trays, the corn needn't have been steamed.

The next day, on Ben's birthday itself, we managed lunch alfresco during an impromptu outing...
Where were we? More on that in a subsequent post, when I get the chance!
Catch you later, meanwhile...
We just decided to go ahead with some paint works for the house these couple of days. And because the minimalist type we are NOT, there's a lot of stuff we have to put aside and move out of the way. It's quite crazy as it is, without looking forward to how much there is to put back together and clean up after everything's done. But rather now than when school is out, so I don't have to keep the boys occupied for too long.
Here's some food for thought, until I catch up with you after we're settled back down again...
* Read about one-on-one time in this recent post by Stay-at-home Mum:
We just decided to go ahead with some paint works for the house these couple of days. And because the minimalist type we are NOT, there's a lot of stuff we have to put aside and move out of the way. It's quite crazy as it is, without looking forward to how much there is to put back together and clean up after everything's done. But rather now than when school is out, so I don't have to keep the boys occupied for too long.
Here's some food for thought, until I catch up with you after we're settled back down again...* Read about one-on-one time in this recent post by Stay-at-home Mum:
Motivation for Mums 2
if you haven't already seen it!
* Click on Strawberry Whipped Sensation for the recipe for Ben's no-bake, frozen birthday cake we had at home. It worked alright for us, even with my decorating skills or lack thereof! It's the thought that counts, right? =)
You have a good rest of the week now!
if you haven't already seen it!

* Click on Strawberry Whipped Sensation for the recipe for Ben's no-bake, frozen birthday cake we had at home. It worked alright for us, even with my decorating skills or lack thereof! It's the thought that counts, right? =)
You have a good rest of the week now!



17 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Ben!! You lucky boy! Mum and Dad went thru so much trouble for your birthday!! That cake Mum made looks so yummilicious!
Just realised that Ben and little D are actually the same age (just that she turns 4 in Dec). Somehow, other people's kids always seem bigger, more mature, etc, than our own!!
And yes, those indoor BBQs save us a lot of time, cleaning and hassle. But the kids (hubby included) always seem to like those where we have to set up the pit!
And thanks for the strawberry whipped sensation recipe. Looks easy enough for me to want to try it.
Happy Birthday Ben !
I have seen lots of photos but where is photo of the lovely mummy with the tummy growing? :)
I understand you perfectly with the *blink*. hahaha
*blink* soon Jonny will be a teenager!
You know, I just came back from swimming, and looking at your choc chip cookies really helps (ya right!)... I am so going to rummage through the cupboard after I post this comment. ;P
What a wonderful birthday for little Ben. I can see that he enjoyed his day tremendously. What with all the delicious food that mommy has prepared.
The cake looks so tempting.. ya.. that helps too. Ok! I am going to see what's in my pantry now!! Urrgg!
Happy belated birthday to Ben.
bp, you take care while doing the moving, the painting! Let the man do the heavy job :)
Happy belated birthday Ben. That was a wonderful party, isn't it and wonderful time spent with daddy and mummy and Jon too.
Is that your house in that photo where Ben and daddy played together? I love the setting and the furniture.
Has it been a year already? Seems like he had a good time celebrating with his friends and family. :)
Happy Belated Birthday to lil Ben! What fun it was at his party. I've attended a friend's BD party at the Mac's and it was unforgettable. I'm sure that it's a precious memory for Ben too.=)
Your cake looks amazing!! It looks soft and generous with cream, it's a good job bp!! I'm sure your family enjoyed it, I wanted a piece too... Hehehe...
' Indoor BBQ ' is new to me and I'm clueless how it is done. =P But the chicken looks so YUMMY! Ok, I realize that I've not grilled chicken for so long...
Have a nice week ahead too babe. Take care during the painting period, avoid the smell as much as possible! Hugs...
To Ben,
Happy birthday! oops.. a belated one though. I was busy on mine too, so hey, our birthdays are so close to each other!
happy birthday Ben.. you are a big boy now :-)
oh... look at all those food! *drool* and love that funny face picture of the kids!
Happy Belated Birthday to Ben! It must hv been really fun to celebrate with so many of his frens.
Happy Belated Birthday BEN!!!
Looks like you have quite a few birthday celebrations there!
I'll love to try out the recipe you referred...but am trying to lose some weight!! Ate too much liow..... :-(
Thanks everyone, for your well-wishes! Will love to catch up on what I've missed on your blogs when I can!
Hugs for you now, and God bless!
happy belated birthday to Ben.. u r a very lucky boy to have such a loving family.
Bengbeng,
Thanks for your b'day wishes!
Hi bp
Thank you for sharing the cake recipe. Little D had a great time cutting the strawberries,and S making it, and the best part EVERYONE thought the cake was SOOOO good.
Any more great summer recipes to share?? (must ne idiot proof of course!!)
SAHM,
Thanks for coming by to tell me this! I'm so glad the cake worked wonderfully for you and the children =)
Will be happy to share more of these recipes as and when I come across them, and when I can steal the time to blog!
I hope all's well with you, my friend... miss you, and here's a hug for you now! *squeeze, squeeze*
Post a Comment