How'd your Easter go?
Over our end, while spring has started, the last frost may not be over yet. Imagine our pleasant surprise when fluffy snow started coming down this morning, and continued on and off throughout the day!
It sure wasn't in the forecast, when we checked the day before. But watching the snowflakes fall from the sky, I said to the husband that the heavenlies must be raining down white confetti to celebrate the risen Christ! ;p
It was the familiar song, "In Christ Alone" -- for which a mime was done at the Christian school's Easter service the other day, that caused tears to well up in my eyes. The same song, we sang in church today, just when I had been trying to look for the lyrics. And like an answered prayer, there it was, in black in white, in the bulletin!
Now to share it with you also, here's one of many videoclips for the song, available on Youtube! Maybe you had just sung it this weekend, too? I still have the tune playing in my head =).
Oh, the love of God, the love of Jesus!
In Him, we stand.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Dear BP,
I'm so glad to read this post of yours. Oh yes, angels above are showering confetti on the Lord to celebrate again His victory. Ascribe greatness to Jesus!
I've not worshipped in English for as long as I'm in Japan, and watching the video brought tears to my eyes. I'm deeply touched by the lyrics and felt a nostalgic familiarity in worship again. What love it is that Jesus died for us to take away our sins, and continue to walk with us this life! We're so blessed... I'm blessed to read your post.=)
Thank you for dropping by, I think you asked about the songs. I actually downloaded them through a program, you may like to check out the website. It offers a tutorial too, and the downloading is simple.
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/ares.html
However, I cannot vouch for its liability, dear. I'm not sure when its operation will be considered as ' violation ', it's still alright now.
As for the oldies, I will search for the old titles under some good singers, Rod Stewart, Michael Bolton & etc. Sometimes, I go over to Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/music-rock-classical-pop-jazz/b?ie=UTF8&node=5174
, trial listen and then download the good ones at Ares. Er hem.
If there's any song that you like in my blog, just scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the radio. I always define the singer and title carefully. =)
Sorry about this longwinded mail. =P Come mail me if you have further questions! =D
P/S: We have close taste in music then! =D
Hi Stardust,
Glad you enjoyed the videoclip. The tears came for me too, just like that, and it was while the song was playing in the background to a mime that a teacher and some students were doing.
Thanks so much for coming back so quickly on my query, and providing all the info about how I can access the cool music! Yep, the oldies are great, yah? =)
God bless!
It has been a very cold Easter weekend here as well with light snow yesterday and today. :)
Judy,
Snow, snow, let it snow... your wish came true on Easter! =)
Hey bp,
I like the video clip. It's from the movie "The Passion of the Christ". My church screened this during service before Holy Communion. =)
Jade,
Hehe, more than a coincidence!
Post a Comment