Saturday, June 30, 2007

Too much clutter

I'm not done with the week's chores. But the (before I used to think was not-so-good, but now I see that it can be a) good thing about being an SAHM, is that I get to roll over what I can't finish to the next day. So long as I don't keep putting it off!

Now that the countdown has begun to when we'll be seeing the two daddies -- our boys', and mine -- real soon (!), there's also some messes that I need to get to, to make it a little more bearable for Gong Gong. The minimum we'd do for any visitor to our home (when you do give us sufficient notice).

No, I'm not proud of our organized messes, though they beat random messes anytime. And we do have so much clutter, we've broken every golden rule there is to housekeeping, i.e. we have the opposite of:
  • don't leave anything on the floor
  • have a place for everything
  • chuck whatever you don't need right away
OK, so I'm not the neatest person, and neither are the three guys I live with. But I'm increasingly being won over by the 'container' world view where simple storage devices (and they don't have to cost a bomb) can do a decent job of boxing up, and boxing away, messes! One day, some day, I will conquer our mountains of messes, no?

But you know, it's not just our house, but my brain, too, that needs decluttering...

Your Mind is 50% Cluttered


Your mind is starting to get cluttered, and as a result, it's a little harder for you to keep focused.
Try to let go of your pettiest worries and concerns. The worrying is worse than the actual problems!



Go ahead and click on the link above, to try this test by Blogthings,
that I came across on Momfiles!
Maybe you have some housecleaning to do, too?

7 comments:

叶子 sirennights said...

Lucky you are not hosting your sister...I understand she's a cleanliness freak ..ha ha.

bp said...

Hahaha... Sirennights! And good thing for my boys that all of those neatnik genes had gone to their aunty, and not their mommy?!

A Mature Student said...

I don't think anyone's house can be as messy as mine. My husband, like his mum, is a hoarder (a compulsive one, if I may say so). My kids think they are hoarders but I think they just don't understand where the rubbish/recycling bin is.

It will be an exciting time for you and your boys.

bp said...

Dr ve Thru,
Thanks.

I guess to some (not so small) extent, I'm a hoarder too... I like to hoard in the name of sentimentality! And erm, in this respect, I think my boys take after me, so every other art and craft project cannot be thrown away. You can imagine how many of those we must have accumulated by now!

As for filling every cupboard-top and table-top with stuff, I think that, they take after their dad!

I can spend the whole day packing, and they will take no time to 'reclaim' their spaces.

Either way, I will dread it when it's time to pack up and move.

stay-at-home mum said...

When you have kids, and your house is not messy, something must be wrong! (That's what I like to think,and I think it is true!). Coz kids will be kids, and they need to have their things there on the floor where they can see it. And you cant move it! They'll be upset. Dont worry, I am sure the daddies will understand. It means that the kids are having fun,a nd thats the most impt thing at this point for us.

Baby En said...

Stay-at-home-mum: Yep, the daddies will understand, unless they are cleanliness freaks like me (comes from a chambermaid mum)...ha. I like things tidy.

BP: But I also totally agree with you, with kids (especially two boys) - a clean and tidy house will be very out of place - unless you have a horde of maids. But why is it a good things that your boys did not inherit the neatnik genes --- they can come in handy when it comes to housework ha ha. On second thought, maybe you SHOULD host your sister -- you can be sure of a neat house for a while. Ha Ha.

bp said...

SAHM,
Thanks. I totally agree! =)

Baby En,
Hmm... then maybe we should host you, and you can give us good advice on how to organize our stuff better?! ;p

P.S. My boys' daddy always understands.