Saturday, January 7, 2012

Warming up to the new year

It's back to school this past week. Back to the shuttling, more driving again. More we need to keep working on the early-to-bed, and other basic things.

Dare I add a new (old) resolution? No, I'm not good with resolutions ;p.

How about shorter posts? Big picture. And tidbits still!

In the kitchen, I continue to rely on quick, simple recipes. And also make-ahead ones -- like this slowcooked, soya saucish beef stew.
Hearty stews and piping hot soups are especially nice in winter :D.

We've also got more to go chew, digest, and find out about the dental works younger son needs.

Let's try and do it one step at a time.

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Jia you!! We are all in this together. to a better year ahead, and teeth too!

Stardust said...

Hot and hearty, you got me all inspired! I got a slowcooker under your influence but I'll come to the manual later for there are so much to see to while Bear returns to office today. Yes, one step at a time, which applies to walking on frozen ground too, just don't slip like me!

Warm hugs.. and thinking of Ben.

sting said...

am not good with resolutions too :-) all the best with your younger son's dental works...

bp said...

SAHM,
*Hi five*, let's press on together, be continually blessed you and your family!

Stardust,
Oh dear, are you ok? Take good care, thanks for keeping us in your thots and prayers, you're in mine, too! Busier week for me also with hubby travelling out of state again for work.

Sting,
Thank you, and we keep doing what we have to do, yah! Jiayou, God bless!