"I can't wait for a bite on my line!" quipped Meimei. She'd convinced her dad she was finally old enough to fish, a month plus after turning 3.

Of course she was a lot more eager to reel it in -- than you would expect a newly minted preschooler to be waiting, waiting patiently ;).Her brothers were quite persistent, hoping to do more than a catch-and-release...

Although we eventually went home empty-handed, it was really nice to have caught a breather together like this :).
Such a welcome relief from the daily hustle and bustle -- *breathe in, breathe out* -- before another busy, busy week and the new season are here already!
(Fish Lake; phone pics)

6 comments:
Aww... catch and release is so kind. This is what I'm requesting of my fishing-lover too.
Meimei of 3? Are you sure you can fish like your brothers already, or are you really 3? Oh dear your lil imp is catching up so fast!
I'm so glad for the breather caught, I'm trying to stay indoors much cos the cold wind really gives me brrs. Hoping no one catches a cold with the new season!
Like the last pict, just scenic. :)
Didnt Ben catch something? or was that the bait?
Fishing is a good way to teach patience.
Bet it was fun, fun, fun!
Have an enjoyable Fall ( as in the season, hor!).
Thanks Stardust, thanks SAHM!
Boys were hoping for a bigger catch. Also if I'm not wrong, they're supposed to release the fish if it is less than 8 inches I think.
Stardust, I like that last pic also, it was a rather quiet sunset as you can see, happy to have caught it there -- and on my phone -- just before we had to get back home already.
Hey, I can see that that eagerness in Kait! Like a pro, yeah? It's a pity she didn't catch any otherwise it would be such a thrill for her :) Is that a mini pink fishing rod she's using? I LIKE!
Thanks Viv! She got a bite on her line but I had taken her to the bushes (when she needed to go), and then I think there might have been a second time when there was a small fish -- to catch and release! The small pink rod worked OK, let me know if you'll like one.
Post a Comment