First day of school went OK... better than our last night of the summer hols, trying to get ready for it!
Raring to go...
or not, we had to get going -- and the eldest's scout meetings resumed on the first schoolnight itself already!
Younger brother was happy to see a few familiar faces in his classroom...
He looked forward also to the tooth fairy visiting him; both his front teeth were loose!
It was also the first day of school for Meimei -- for the very first time!
Glad the hubby was there with me to assure our youngest she'd see us in a bit. Oh, she grabbed me, she did -- and begged, "I WANT you!"... but just for a little while. A quick hug and peck later, she let me go. Not a tear from her! Atta-girl!
So she is going for preschool for 2h on two days. Think, please DON'T, all the work/housework and errands especially I can get done in that time -- not much left, after the to-ing and fro-ing. And I'm back to the shuttling back and forth, driving almost every day; the boys have their afterschool activities also.
Getting back to basics with homework and lunchboxes as well. But just as important for us to work on is the earlier bedtime; younger two have not learned to sleep uninterrupted, and youngest needs to learn to sleep independently also. Will you check back with me this time next year if I have got round to our messes, haha?!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
BP - things are going to get better! Believe me. Hopefully Meimei will be tired from school, and get home to nap!! And in time she will be going 5 days a week, and you will have more time to run your errands and do your housework, and maybe even have coffee with a friend ... uninterrupted!! And then, there will be the empty nest syndrome :(
Never mind la! Enjoy it as it comes. So proud of meimei on her first day!! She's really growing! Thanks to her MUM! *hugs*
Thanks my dear, and agree with you to enjoy all that's in front of us! Mei-Mei is bent on not napping, like Ben last time, but it'll be good if we can all go to bed earlier, working on that, and hopefully they will learn to sleep thru sooner than later *fingers crossed*. I joked before that I may finally keep a neat house after the three children move out, but oh how I will miss the noise and even the messes I'm sure ;p
What's a home without messes, I've come to see this way! Be proud that your home is still functioning honey!! CONGRATS to meimei on her first day of school, with a big girl attitude! Tell her aunt Stardust is so proud of her! And time to negotiate with her, to quit the clubbing at night. I really dun't know how you've come this far!
Just learnt from Babycenter that if the kid doesn't nap much, it's likely to remain that way throughout childhood. Guess what, the cub at home never needs nap too. (~~)
& guess what again. Tooth fairy has flown over, Baby Bear is launching first 2 teeth! Ahh! Getting him a check on the 3rd mth examination, think those are toothies for what else can they be?
BP-
glad to see your family settling into new fall routines. yay! for meimei's first day at school. i know work at home beckons, but take time to enjoy time alone when K is in school, even if its once in a while. just an hour or 2 of alone time can be so refreshing!
-fay
False alarm. Not toothies leh.. :P Paisey. :B
Stardust,
Hehe, don't ask me how I function but just gotto close one eye both eyes, I'm not exaggerating about our messes. but doing what I can with the daily chores and running around with/after kiddos... the driving back and forth several times day in day out leaves me worn out... want to just go to bed since naps have been extinct for too long now, haha!
Good luck with Cub and his naps, I know just how crazy exhausting it is when our lil ones fight us on that, hope he'll be more willing to go down for naps, and you try and steal whatever rest you can get!
Fay,
Thanks for that great reminder, I can really use some quiet time to be still.
Am thinking of you guys also, hope your new schoolyear was off to a nice start and your work schedules and childcare arrangemenets are all working out nicely. Feel free to drop me a line if I can pray with you more specifically than this, thanks! God bless!
Post a Comment