Friday, April 22, 2011

Yay for right notes!

Ben was part of the enjoyable first grade concert...


and we hung around a bit more -- for the kids to help themselves to some jamming on the marimba!


"Finally, breakfast!" joked Ben, when I doled out Round 2 of dinner after we got home -- toast with the egg-in-a-hole, a quick skillet fix. 


We had eaten a hurried Round 1 before the concert, kinda. Frozen pizza I'd popped into the oven, before running over to borrow the neighbour's iron when ours went kaput on me -- to press out the wrinkles in the younger boy's shirt. 

We were all so tired after yet another long day. A third night in a row of both boys' afterschool activities, that also included cubs, scouts, and more scouts (*overload*), and (good for me) their cancelled Bloomsday training session 'coz of snow. And after the concert, the hubs (glad he could be there) had his busy work to get on with still.


I was also feeling off... Off-kilter from my tooth with the failed rootcanal re-treatment, I'd only found out had cracked and would need an implant with a dental surgeon now, *sigh* . There were also the off-limit roads, that though I'd driven the alternate route every day since the roadworks started, I still managed to get the napless youngest (and she was as cranky as me) and myself lost -- and only to come to a second road that was closed?!!


Thankfully, there was nothing off-key about the first graders' singing and mallet-playing. Back at home that night, I was relieved also when things that day wrapped up on a lighter note...


"Oh no, 9 (o'clock) already? We're so late for school!" the elder son  played along, before digging in. Turned out breakfast for supper wasn't such a bad idea. 


His younger brother thought so, too. "Seconds, please," Ben asked, flashing me a toothy grin.  (It's missing the two baby teeth he'd lost in two days just before that).  


"Actually, it's thirds. We already had dinner!" ;p


***

As I write this, I think about how so much way off things were on that first Good Friday a long, long time ago.  But thank God for it and for Easter -- that most uplifting note when Jesus rose from the dead! Because He lives, I can face tomorrow...  I have this old song singing in my head. 


There's also the Dynamite one the boys sing that's caught on with their little sister. It cracks me up to hear her belt out this line especially: "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying ay-oh..."!


Like a reminder for me to hang in there during those off-key days and moments. And we can surely always use some laughs to lighten things up. 

5 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

ai.yo! Your tooth still giving trouble!! Hope you have got it fixed by now. Implants are really expensive here! But I guess, yours should be covered by insurance.
Ai.yo ai, ai, ai, ai.yo, aiyo! 2nd Road block? I would have thought the cranky meimei would have fallen asleep in the car? My D still does soemtimes, when she is tired. Belated Easter greetings.Hope Vern is now at home more often so that you can get some much needed rest. *hgus*

Stardust said...

Yes dear, that's what I tell myself during the off-key days & moments!! And give yourself those pats for the good grit, know that your efforts are what making your family music piece complete, and the Lord must be commending you on that!

Hang in there just a lil more while I pray hard that your implant be done pretty and good like Ben's coming up new toothy! Be reborn!

Stardust said...

P/S: Borrowing SAHM's Aiyoos on the road block thing. Sometimes I'll throw it all at Bear, 'SG where got like that one?'

bp said...

Thanks SAHM, hugs back! Vern is wrapping up one of his 2D/3D worktrips this month, there are others coming up. I'm going for my implant on Mon, it's really ex and lots coming out from our pocket, not insurance, sigh. Hope that after that, it'll just be the holes from kids' baby teeth falling out naturally!

bp said...

Thanks Stardust for relating, and thanks for your prayers, much appreciated! Oh, that 2nd roadblock, hadn't known about it otherwise... but I can be quite directionally challenged!