It was our first time at the Public Schools Band and Strings Spectacular held at the Spokane Arena.
And it was really quite the spectacle and musical experience!
Picture the 2,900 fifth and sixth graders from 35 schools and their instruments taking up almost every inch of the arena floor...
They played to a packed audience of mostly families, their greatest fans, of course!
And guess what?
We were also playing "Spot Wally"-- trying to find where dear Jon was!
Do you see him? He's the one with black hair and a violin!!
Oh, there he is!
Finally, we spotted Jon! We weren't close enough to get a good shot, but I happened to see him goofing around a bit, swopping out his violin with the friend next to him before getting it back, just before the concert! Boys will be boys? How does one do the tiger mom thing with an attention span like this? He thinks I'm at most a wannabe. But boy am I grateful the public schools give the older elementary schoolkids the chance and choice to learn an instrument. I hope it is more than an introduction and he'll keep it up.
Glad also the hubs' worktrip this week did not clash with the concert. The youngest rode on his shoulders while I grabbed the younger boy's hand -- to push through the huge crowds to collect the older boy from the opposite side of the arena after the event. "How do you feel?" I asked him; I was still awed by the scale of it all. His immediate thoughts, "What took you so long?"... Er...
That's my COOL son, alright! ;)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Awesome!! Arent you glad your kids have opportunities like this. You msut have been so proud of him, when he played!! And oh yes! I spotted him too! 2nd row, 2nd from the left, right?
Hehe, what great eyesight u have my dear! Thanks SAHM, am really grateful and encouraged too!
Wah, look at all those people. To play in fron of those, COOL! I'm not musically inclined but I wish I've been given an opportunity to learn violin or piano. So I really hope too that Jon keeps it up! Ok, I found your boy too! ;)
I'm imagining Jon playing Dynamite as Kate dances. Hahhahah,Bear loves the song too you know.
Thanks Stardust, n Bear will have Breadcrumbs to jam away with, how exciting!
Post a Comment