Actually I'm not sure if he was saying that 'coz he was still delirious from his scouts campout over the weekend. He was also muttering stuff like, how nice it was to see a laptop again, and "I can't believe I HAVE a bed to sleep on!"!
If you know this son of mine, he's a bit like Mo Willem's pigeon. The pigeon who wants to drive the bus -- with his "No fair!" and "But I have my dreams, you know" and "I don't get to do anything!" (BIG FAT LIE) ;p
"What should I do with you?" I gasped out loud. It was more of a rhetorical question. You know, the cries of this
"Just love me," came the son's reply. Short and sweet.
Not like I don't love each one of them, so very much. And I don't mean we don't give them consequences. Or we stop learning how to communicate with each other. I certainly hope they know me more than just their screaming mommy (yikes)!
But while it's true that the busyness doesn't really let us "feeling" moms sit around and be down for long, it's this that helped me GET. ON. WITH. IT...
Just love them; love them for who they are!
My tot, tyke, and tween-going-on-teen -- I am so wonderfully blessed with, to be their mom.
***
From cub to scout. Jon joined a scouts troop last month, his choice to take cubscouts to the next level, with our support. It's a heavy commitment, not just a heavy backpack he has there. "Look who's a happy camper?!" he chirped, and is looking forward to more outdoor fun than the two campouts so far, that was great his dad squeezed out time to take him for a start before the son will go for them on his own already. These, among other activities that keep his two sibs and me on our feet also.

No comments:
Post a Comment