
"Kait has a moustache!" Ha, ha!
Almost the next instant...

a spill happens right under my nose. This one's not bad, I don't remember who knocked over the glass, and it helps that it's a contained spill. Uncanny how the more troublesome ones like to happen same day I'd just finished cleaning the floor. So back out comes the mop, oh never mind.
I love a productive day...


when my little big helper gives me a hand with housework and grocery shopping!
Of course she's really playful, and energetic tots don't stay still or seated in the shopping cart much.


So we keep each other busy on our feet. I've also been trying to run away from Kait's "Drink milk! Drink milk!" pleas day in day out! Night in, night out, she's even fiercer in fighting me when I try in vain to encourage her to soothe herself back to sleep.
But that's something I'm trying not to be hung up about, 'coz...
such long nights translate into...
*Yawn, yawn, yawn* I CAN USE SOME COFFEE!!!

I'm tired, I want to sleep...

That happens to be Jon's fave reason for why he can't get cracking on homework or help me with something simple, like, go set the table please. There's also the classic "I don't know how!" that Ben picked up from him. See why I miss their "Kait-like" enthusiasm when they were littler?
So life's like this, the saner moments and works in progress. I am more stressed than I realised it. Especially during those still-gets-crazy not just busy afterschool hours when I can really use an energy + patience refill more than some good kitchen napkins -- for those meltdowns besides the spills! The spills by comparison are easier to grin and bear it.
Quit fighting! Stop shouting!
I said, STOP! STOP!
CALM DOWN NOW!
You can guess yours truly is the one who needs the biggest time-out when I join the children in the screaming and fighting over who did or did not do what to who. WAAAHHH!!!
Thank God for the precious gift of children in our lives. They help us laugh and cry, and not just run and fall down, but also to pick ourselves up and start over. Every day's a new day by His grace.
So life's like this, the saner moments and works in progress. I am more stressed than I realised it. Especially during those still-gets-crazy not just busy afterschool hours when I can really use an energy + patience refill more than some good kitchen napkins -- for those meltdowns besides the spills! The spills by comparison are easier to grin and bear it.
Quit fighting! Stop shouting!
I said, STOP! STOP!
CALM DOWN NOW!
You can guess yours truly is the one who needs the biggest time-out when I join the children in the screaming and fighting over who did or did not do what to who. WAAAHHH!!!
Thank God for the precious gift of children in our lives. They help us laugh and cry, and not just run and fall down, but also to pick ourselves up and start over. Every day's a new day by His grace.
(The vacuum cleaner is too heavy for Kait. We do have a toy handheld one that barks out cute commands like, "Show me the mud!" and "Dirt, I'm gonna get you!", I've kept since when Ben was little, she'll use alternately with a small duster or the dry Swiffer mop)!



8 comments:
If you cant give them a time-out to get some peace, do what I do - give myself a time out!!
You are doing great!
Can't help feeling how much Kait has grown and so are the boys. It must be such a mixed feeling : to desire their growth, but it'll mean shedding the littler cuteness!
Still, what a wonder that everyday IS A NEW DAY, and yesterdays are previous gifts of grace. As I let go of the past 'glories'( yee.. where got glories? ) and see to what's coming, I shall try to live the moment. Jesus, walk with us ok?
Just came from SAHM...Blessing her household.
you are doing great, BP! So great! You are like superwoman to me, if you must know! hahaha... Anyway, Kait is getting bigger, she'll understand better. Be firm with the No, and give reward for her understanding and obeying. I guess, if you can get your full nite's sleep, the frenzied day will be much much easier to deal with yeah?
Kait looks more and more like you as the days go by!!! Her smile is an exact replica. And I see traces of Aunty G too!
Yep, agree that you should give yourself some time off. But till that me-time materialises, enjoy the journey and ask God for more strength ( and for the children to be nice to one another )!
加油!
SAHM,
Thanks for your support, and yes, I'd better give myself some time-out to calm down whenever all the acting out gets too much for me!
Stardust,
Thanks, agree that on the one hand I don't want them to grow up so fast so soon, yet on the other hand I'll like them to be more sensible and responsible for their own actions. And Amen to your prayer for us to walk with Jesus daily, oh help us Lord!
Jomel,
How ah, I don't have a solution... Kait really fights me, and I mean kicks and bonks me besides the wailing and squealing many times throughout the night! She can understand to some extent but isn't ready to give it up yet. So I'm putting on hold the weaning for now, I reasoned that some interrupted sleep is still better than none, and it also took the boys later than this last time for them to be weaned. Thanks for your encouragement but aiyoh, I where got supermom lah. Just doing what I can the way us moms try and take care of the children and get our busy act going, and I'm thankful for fellow moms like you who can relate to all the many things that need to be done and also how crazy things do get. So often I'm driven up the wall by all the nonsense, but it's easier said than done to get ahold of myself when things get out of control. God, give us that extra love/ patience and wisdom for such overwhelming moments and days!
Morning's Light,
Thanks. May the joy of the Lord be your strength too, for each new day as you bless those around you, and be blessed yourself more than you ask for.
I was just telling Jonie how time has flown by - pointed to picture of Kait and told her it seemed only like yesterday that she was born!
God's good, isn't He? :)
The photo of Kait with chocolate on her mouth - really looks like you!
My H keeps complaining that I shout and the boys too much. But how not to? When they just absolutely refuse to listen...and is like totally ignoring what I have to say? Tell nicely cannot one....must wait till I shout then only there will be some action! Sien but still have to do it!,
Kait's such a darling -- vy eager to be mommy's great helper. And I will say this again, she's a real cutie!
I absolutely agree with NM. My neighbors must think there's a madwoman in my hse. How not to shout when the kids can't "hear" u if u talk nicely? Sigh...
Post a Comment