This tree at the school entrance is the first on that street to boast its fall hairdo already!Quite a head-turner, isn't it? Every time several times this past week I went with Kait to drive Jon and Ben, I just had to stop and gawk :).
It's busy as usual. There's more running around also with a cross-country activity both boys started on, among other things.
This is the husband's travelling season, too. Every week till the end of the year, he'll be away for work for a couple of days, sometimes more. Like for the first of these trips starting this week, and the frequency means after he's come back from it for two days, off he goes again.
Frankly, I feel quite tired just thinking about it, knowing how tired we both get from such "marathons" (while I'm still on the running topic). Just do it; that good old Nike tagline comes to mind!
"Do your best and trust God to do the rest" happens to be what Vern wrote down also in the message from us parents to Jon at his classroom open house the other night.
At that open house, I was pleasantly surprised to see my everyday home cooking placed third on Jon's list of top ten fave things! It's nice to be appreciated :). Of course yummy as this mom's food is, it can't possibly beat the top two spots that went to *drum roll, please* playing soccer and being outdoors!Indulge me for a moment. I also appreciate Jon's candour when separately he'd called me a "burns expert" -- because of my wilder adventures in the kitchen this summer! There was the one with the new rice cooker: the steam added another "battle" scar for me. Another day, without trying at all, I flambéed an old pot. The husband had me to thank for this: "At least we know our smoke detectors work!"! Ha, ha!
Guess it's a good thing then I didn't burn the "gratitude" fried rice I made, so touched by Jon's gesture, for both boys' packed lunch the day after the open house, over more fuss-free sandwiches.
Seriously now, I have to press on... with pressing a week's of the husband's shirts and pants but not trying to be in over my head with the bigger backlog to catch up ironing another time. Still, it'll be one thing less for me to stay up to do on the nights Vern won't be here to tuck the children in. With Kait fighting hard my attempts to discourage her from waking up so much, I'd better be practising more of the early to bed, not only the early to rise!

4 comments:
good for Jon :-) and sweet of him too (so what's his most fav?) wow! travel every week? poor thing, he must be tired out by end of the year? take care ya when he's not around...
*Hugs* Its tough when you have to be a "single-parent" with no other help. But God is watching you ...and I am sure, helping to keep the children on their best(as best as they can get) behavoir whilst Vern is away. But before you know it, his travelling season will be over. Just hang on ...and enjoy those beautiful red-heads!!
Hugsss. Nurse that scalded scar.. The Lord watches over your home, and your dear husband as he travels, and may the kids get along like angels. Promise you won't make yourself come last, do take care and be careful.
I would be so touched if my lil one places my cooking on the fav list, wouldn't mind if it's after soccer and outdoors! Know how your food prepared with tlc has warmed tummies to hearts, I'm so glad you've caught Jon's encouraging revelation!
Relish beautiful autumn, our side is still running hot and cold! Come to think of it, it'll be like 2 months this year is over, and Vern will be staying in more, yay!
Sting, SAHM, Stardust,
Thanks for coming by with your well-wishes, I appreciate your thoughtfulness!
Post a Comment