Going to fetch Ben from school, it was starting to snow. Teeny tiny specks of white bouncing off the windscreen as soon they hit it, but not enough for me to have to turn the wipers on.
Once Ben was strapped into his seat, I decided to make a quick grocery stop, "We'd better go get our fruits now, and not wait till tomorrow. In case the snow gets bad."
"But I want it to snow bad!", came Ben's retort. Yes, yes, like a child, like Ben, and I know Jon must be wishing the same thing too, I was also thinking, "Let it snow, let it snow!". It's already winter wonderland here and there -- where Lazy Weekend and Blur Mommy are -- elsewhere in the States. And looking at their lovely shots, I'm going "Ooh!" and "Aah!", and can we have a slice of it, too?
"We shall see," I told Ben, not wanting to get his hopes up. And many people must have, like me, also thought about the possibility of the snow getting heavier -- the line at the grocery store was super long.
By the time we got back outside with our purchase, with Ben still in the cart, there were more white bits coming down, and on us! My three-year-old was beaming away, no less, and so excited, "It's snowing! It's still snowing! Look mommy, it's snowing bad!"!
Keeping our fingers crossed, we drove home, and I turned the wipers on. But even before it was time to head out again to pick up Jon, the flurries had petered out. Jon was disappointed, too. Aw, just a false start. Maybe we'll have snow, some real snow, before year-end!
But it hardly snows here, and if we do get some, it's usually an unexpected shower. You could say, like a shower of blessing -- to us, to the kids, especially if there's enough to play in! We can't wait! Bad!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I also want it to snow bad in my country!! sob sob....
Aww... poor boys! I know just how they feel. B4 this snow, we had flurries too & we were very disappointed when it didn't snow bad. So you never know, it might just snow really soon. Maybe you'll have a white Christmas! :)
Ling, Blur mommy,
Yes, yes, snow, don't we all like it, not just our children? ;p
Post a Comment