
The heat wave affecting almost all of America, more than a week now, is getting to us. And to our plants. And even the one and only gladiolus (or is it gladioli, or that's plural?) to have bloomed this week keels over from the blazing heat!

I'm so tempted to just snip off the pretty sprig of fuschia flowers, and bring it indoors instead. But I wonder which is the sorrier sight, since there aren't any more blooms, and many of the other plants are either already parched or wilting!
Icecream and aircon are but some of the ways we've been trying to beat the heat. The boys have just got their hair cut -- even shorter -- by daddy, who's quite the barber.
However, a playdate that we thought might have been a nice way to wrap up the summer holidays, before school starts later next week, had to be cancelled. Because the safest place to be, is still indoors!
We hope it doesn't get any hotter than this! -_-;

4 comments:
Wow, does it really get that hot?
People are complaining not enough sun this summer but I think I prefer the summer here than the heat there. :)
I see your son is perspiring from head to toe but not letting anything stop him from having fun! :D
There is hope! It was terribly hot last week here on Long Island. Then we had some killer rain, and after that the temps dropped into the 70s. This weekend is was gorgeous...pleasant and sunny. So hang in there...it really will cool down!
I hate the hot weather. We have been lucky this past 3 weeks ...occasional showers.
Judy,
Haha... hot or not, kids just wanna have fun!
Mom2fur,
Thanks, it's nice of you to visit! In fact, there's a thunderstorm right now, and our lights have blinked twice... I hope we don't lose power! The forecast for the next few days is still quite extreme... as high as 39 deg celsius on Tuesday, and around 37 still for the rest of the week!
SAHM,
Enjoy the cooler weather =). Perhaps you won't mind the heat as much if not for S'pore being so humid all the time. We've been increasing our own showers (the kind in the bathroom... haha)!
Post a Comment