I took the boys to the zoo today. We spent pretty much the whole day there.
I'm more exhausted than they are. Because Ben is going around right now, with a handpuppet for a glove, and whatever toy animal we have that can fit into his palm, asking Jon and me if we'd like to pat it. Jon's also playing zookeeper, and I have to go now and see that last feeding... for the komodo dragon!
What time do you think they'll go to bed? It's summer, I'm not strict about bedtime and at 10pm they are still wide awake. But how is it that they always still wake up before 8am? The only reason I'm sitting here is because I'm waiting for the husband to go online, for us to talk to him!
So then, catch you later in the week... with the pictures, hopefully, when I can catch my breath!
It was a great day, not counting the two unpleasant crying episodes after we got back from the supermarket... one after another from each boy, over the smallest things! It's trying tantrums like these that make me so want to have a spanker in the house. But no, we don't have a "tengtiao", unlike when I and probably you too when we were little; good and bad as you can see, and removal of privileges doesn't always work!
But we've all had a long day. Mostly a good one!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I believe you have a wonderful time at the zoo, with Ben playing pretend. It have been some busy days at work before I know it - it's Thursday, wow! Finally managed to squeeze some time to peek at your new blog site - What a site! I simply love the sunshine in this sweltering summer.
Have fun :)
AC
Aileen,
Yes, we packed in more zoo than I thought we would!
Thanks, I was going through some of our old pictures, and found this one of the Arch... and I really like the sun more than just peeking through the clouds!
Zoo sounds like fun. But chasing after 2 energetic kids, that's hard work! I was reading something about being a parent, and quote "Parenting requires understanding, persistence, imagination, energy, knowledge and patience!" Oh yes, wish I have more energy some days!
Post a Comment