Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers for Connecticut families

Thinking of and praying for the families and community in Newtown, Connecticut, after the terrrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Dear Lord, be with them. Comfort them. Give them strength.

May the innocent lives lost rest in peace.

Holding my children tighter.

Came across these links from Momsrising.com, I hope they may be useful to you:
PBS: Strategies for talking and listening to children to news

Babble: 5 top resources for talking to your kids about school shootings

Campaign for common sense gun regulations

(My youngest's e-drawings).

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

Amen! Hope the laws change for these reasons. I stopped reading or watching the news because I get upset. I talked about it with my girls, the older one understood but the younger one still could not grasp what happened. Yes, hold our children tighter and pray that they stay safe.

Stardust said...

It's truly sad. Amen to prayers. Bless all kids from now too, and may innocent lives have to cost no more.

Think you must be feeling ever more emotional about the news..