Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nature's Lure

It was our first time visiting the Steamboat Rock State Park, about 2h away, and after 6pm when we got there.

Thankfully we got the LAST spot to set up camp, all the others were booked! We took the chance like that!

Younger boy woke up by himself at sunrise -- and caught a bass, not his dad who did not get a bite. I was glad they caught a bit of one-on-one time while the other two kids slept for awhile more.
We grilled the fish for lunch, inbetween the children going for a dip in the lake at the day-use area!

Staying the second night before hubby's work beckoned, made eldest's day also when he snagged a similar largemouth!

We'll have to come back another time to climb the basalt butte shaped like a battleship, from which the place probably got its name! ;)

Are you also taking some time out to enjoy the great outdoors?

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

What fun at a beautiful place. When I read the name of the park, I wondered if you had Steamboat.

Stardust said...

Meimei's a trooper in that water! Don't large fishes swim within??

I can't tell Bear about what the boys got on their lines. Unless you're keen to find out how a bear looks on a meltdown. :P

So glad that you're taking time for outdoors, you should! And I'm looking forward to the day when we get ours. Well, we can always daydream for now! ;)