Friday, July 1, 2011

Three kids and two swings

Enter the longer days of summer...

And the children have all the energy in the world to parallel that!



It's more chaotic, hardly quiet, and we've had to reach for the icepack too many times already!


Life with kids is blessed also. I'm trying not to be such a nervous cop around them, for isn't summer about spending fun times together? Before they grow up so fast!


Brownie (Re)treat...
I had to make an emergency visit to the dentist. The abutment holding down my implant had come loose after flossing... uh-oh, more like YIKES! I was so relieved it could be fixed, I gave the children a snack treat in the sun. Before that, asking my middle child to help me with the brownie mix, I told him to give the eggs a good beating. "Beat it!", I said, forgetting how many seven-year-olds just like to listen out for such language lapses. "Oh, alright!", he grinned -- and promptly scooted off to play! ;p

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

For a moment I thought you were going to say he broke out into the Michael Jackson song and dance: Beat it!!

I have always wanted to get a swing for the kids at my home ... but somehow, never got around to it. Guess by the time I get one, I would be the only one left on it.

Enjoy the summer vacation!!

bp said...

Thanks, SAHM! Hehe, I also think of MJ's song when we say that. How about getting a patio/porch-like swing that seats at least two on a comfy cushiony seat... for u n hubby to enjoy? ;p