Friday, March 4, 2011

Silly, oh so silly

It's Friday, YAY!


From a Friday night weeks ago, when the children were wide wide awake...
I caught this silly (and precious) moment of Meimei giving her brothers not just herself some silly noses!


Don't we love a silly moment, to lighten up the rough and tough ones?  The busyness that life is, and craziness it can be.

I wasn't "hiding". My back acted up -- from lifting boxes, besides the usual laundry loads and vacuum cleaner up and down stairs, and the tot likes to be carried also. My hormones are changing, too -- transiting from nursing to losing prolactin, the happy mood hormone, *sob*. But the very interrupted sleep has been getting to me. And I need to take care of myself also.


More ways my kids like to stall bedtime...
Tonight itself, watching  the "Mars Needs Moms" trailer with them via the ad here, we could relate to the boy Milo trampolining on his bed. And also his wisecrack over how his mom had asked him to go TO bed vs. to get INTO bed!


*GRIN, GRIN*, went the children, getting more ideas there to outsmart this mom -- and could not wait to add their own come bedtime:


- "Go lie down" is not the same as "Go to sleep".
- And surely go lie down on the floor works, too, since I did not say to lie down IN BED.
- The napless youngest had her own retort also: "I'm not a sleeping person!".


It's silly, oh so silly.  But because there is no school tomorrow or lunchboxes to pack, you play along.


Just for silliness sake ;p.


And trust me, these are silly in a fun way compared to their other but-you-said-this-not-that comebacks, day or night, to anything they try to squirm out of. Such punks they can be!  But I have no idea where the younger two got their "mama punk" nickname for me from!

4 comments:

Stardust said...

Aww.. but don't you think the kids have such intelligent humor! Maybe I can say that no more when I have a taste of it!

I'm having a great time with my silly bro making me laugh almost every other 10 mins. :P

So here's transferring prolactin to you dear and hoping that your dreamland lasts longer. Please take care like you said you should. Hang on, we're about to welcome spring! Hugs...

bp said...

Thanks dear Stardust for listening and sharing your happy vibes! Oh, the other kind of rebuttals are not funny at all, but let me not get started on them! Bless you over there, praise God for your brother! And I'm counting down with you to spring... and also your fruitful summer after that :)

NomadicMom said...

The "silly" picture is really PRICELESS. Definitely a page to scrapbook!!!

Eh. I have some questions regarding schooling in the States. Hope you can help me. Can you please email me at nomadicmom@gmail.com ?

bp said...

Thanks NM!

Good luck, and keep us your blogpals posted on how it goes. Email me again if you have more Qs.