Wednesday, February 2, 2011

*Hop, hop*... Happy Rabbit Year!

*Hippity hop*...
Jan 11 iii 522

*Hippity hop*...
Jan 11 iii 506 c

HAPPY
Jan 11 iii 503 c2

RABBIT YEAR!!!
Jan 11 iii 504 c2


And "Hippity hop, hippity hop"... chirped the li'l girl whilst skipping merrily in the aisles earlier in the day at the supermarket with me -- to buy our groceries for the week and especially what I'll need to cook a little feast for our next dinner, on this eve of the Lunar New Year. The bitter cold is back though with temps dipped to a low of 10F (-12C!), and I had us hop right back indoors as soon as we were done.


Feeling Crafty...
Jan 11 139The instructions for the origami rabbit are here on Crazymommy's blog, where I blog-hopped to over the weekend for a particular CNY goodie I'm hoping to make but have not squeezed out time for. 

Jan 11 140
Kait and I have also been taking 5 min or less to make simple crafts out of paper plates, with her liking to be more and more hands-on like this. 



If not as a quick activity to keep my Energizer Bunny occupied during the day, it is one way I try and keep her from distracting the boys and me working on their homework.  She has her own colouring books and notebooks to doodle in, but somehow their homework and especially whatever book Ben is reading with me always appeal to her more! That's when things get more 'colourful' than this, but let me focus on the fun parts here.  (Kait at 28-29 mos). 



7 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

your kids are so lucky!! I am too lazy to do crafts with mine.
Wishing you and yours: Gong Xi Fa Cai!! May you be as energized in the Rabbit year as the Energizer bunny!

Jo said...

what a happy hoppy post!! Gong xi fa cai, BP! And Amen to what Sahm just said! ;)

bp said...

Thanks SAHM and Jo, and I say AMEN to that, too! Feeling so tired and looking it :( with her night wakings.

You gals be energized too to keep up with your energetic bunch also... and GONG XI FA CAI, WAN SHI RU YI!!!

Stardust said...

Ohh your Energizer Bunny and her high volt cuteness.. irresistable! She puts a smile on me always. :) Great job there BP, your mind for the kids and the heart for the year. Am sure that things work better and sweeter with years, so, Happy Rabbit Year! Hop hop..

bp said...

Thanks Stardust, you are oh sooo sweet lah! A fruitful and productive year for you and yours now, and enjoy all the hopping from Breadcrumbs! *Hugs* n God bless!

NomadicMom said...

GONG XI FA CHAI!!!!

bp said...

NM,
Blessed Rabbit Year to you and yours also!