... thick with excitement and anticipation...
Spot Ben (above), among some 800 qualifiers from 34 schools?That was him alright, with his fingers plugged into his ears, eagerly expecting the races to begin!
Ready, set...
*BANG*!!!
And off they went!
Keep going... Go, guys, go!
And "Go, school name, go!" Kait would shout out the school cheer, too. Always there with me to support her Gor Gors.
The All-City Cross-Country Meet (first three pictures) was the culmination of a good amount of training and two meets at zonal level that both Jon and Ben took part in (rest of pictures), over the last two months.
It was a proud moment when Ben finished sixth among boys his age... never mind that's counting from the back lah! ;p.
That sense of finishing something you start, beyond the adrenaline rush.
That sense of finishing something you start, beyond the adrenaline rush.
Put your best foot forward, that's what counts, yah :).
Cub scouts is the boys' other main extracurricular activity so far this schoolyear. Even then, it has meant racing from one thing to another when activities come together -- and hopefully, I'm not running around like a headless chicken or mother hen with her three chicks!!! The husband is either away on his out-of -town work trips or at work to run around with them. But what's really nice, before the weather has turned from cool to wet to colder now, is that such outdoor activities let the children burn off some of their energies, while I tried to take in more of fabulous fall.
The boys also enjoyed a first trailblazers' outing their daddy made time to take them one Saturday. And while he's bogged down with work, I'm learning to pace myself also.
Go, Kait, go! And Go, mommy, go... It was funny yet encouraging when she applied it to cheer me on out of the blue one vacuuming day, when she wasn't skipping around the vacuum cleaner or hanging onto me so much.
Likewise it tickled and soothed me and what a precious moment it was, when Ben put on his grown-up hat to tell me this, like he knew I needed it to go on after a series of rough moments with the kids: I know how hard it is for you to take care of three of us. I can't even keep up with Kait!
Of course kids being kids, you hope also that your "Be sensible" reminders to them all the rest of the times don't just go in one ear and out the other, before they've scooted off to play!




8 comments:
Yes, as long as they had fun,thats all that matters!!
And I can see Kaitlyn having her fun run too!!
So glad to see that you are back!!
hahaha.. finished sixth... from the back.. Ok what. better than being last! Well done Ben! ;)
Beautiful colours of fall, BP. Soon, before we know it, this blog will be filled with pictures of children playing in the snow! How time flies! Season after season. :)
SAHM,
Much thanks for checking in on us here. I was wondering if I should wrap it up already with how behind I am in the things that I'm hoping to (still) write down, not just write it out for my sanity, especially those precious, precious moments to treasure and not take for granted. Thanks always for your wonderful support!
Jomel,
Thanks, Ben felt proud and I was proud of him, too. And proud of both boys for trying and the li'l girl too for being the good sports always following me around for the older sibs' activities. Time flies indeed, and the leaves and colours have also flown off the trees by now... In fact, there's already a first light snow shower this morning!!!
I'm not sure how cold is there, it's freaking cold here and look at the kids in their sportswear! The kids deserve an applause!
And Kait so cute there! Must be funny watching her cheering you on, but read that? The kids are seeing and appreciating your hard work. :D Surely your efforts pay off and they'll grow sensible day by day.
Love Ben's comment .... great to see your update. Thinking of you and praying for extra ounces of strength for you each day. You're doing a great job, mama!
-fay
Really great to see kids running out in the open green areas.....free as a bird! As opposed to cooped up indoors with their electronic games. I'm sure you prefer driving them around for all the outdoor activities versus them being Indoors, right?
I welcome the start of the pre-season soccer training every Sunday. At least my boys are out in the open for a couple of hours to get the much needed exercise.
Yup...means no lying in bed on Sundays!
Stardust,
I'm really running behind in downloading and uploading pictures to roll out here, so it's officially "coat" weather for us for awhile already also! Stay warm where you are now, many thanks always for being here for me like this!
Fay,
Thanks v much for your prayers and kind words. You are awesome with how much you have to juggle! I've also been thinking of you and hope your children are settling nicely into school/childcare for H. God bless!
NM,
Agreed, thanks, indeed the active children can always use the outdoor time to run around, and us moms to breathe in and out the sunshine also! Except now that the chill has set in and days have also grown shorter, it is trickier. Anyway, enjoy all your running around with your boys also, the cool soccer mom you are! :)
So many participants, the All-City Cross-Country Meet must be a vy big event. Well done, Ben! The important thing is that he finished the race and enjoyed himself.
Awww... apart from cheering for her kor kors, Kait's oso cheering for u at home. She's the cutest cheerleader ever. ;)
Post a Comment