Monday, August 30, 2010

One more SPLASH!

"Chicken, airplane, rocket," goes Jon.

"Kick, kick, kick", Kait is excited, too.

"CANNONBALL!" shouts Ben...

SPLASH!!!

All too soon, the pool's closed. And summer ends. Our three space invaders are jumping and giving their arms and legs a little workout in our bed instead!

I don't mind the silliness, but it is late.
Go brush your teeth! Time for bed!

We've gone over this many times, every night, last night, the night before that, the night before the night before that... you get the picture. And every time I ask the boys to hurry up and be done with that last game or TV show, they always beg for that one more 'splash' at whatever they're doing.

So I told them, "C'mon guys, there's no end to it! Now means NOW!!!"

To which Ben said, and he said it very coolly: Yes, there is an end... This show ends in 20 min!

?!!

Time to throw them into the deep end? Ready or not, school is starting!

(And if by this hour the youngest is still wide awake, chances are she's helping me know there's an endpoint to the daily chores, yay, but working me quite hard helping her with those froggy kicks, spiderman walk, and reach-n-pull. There's also her fave Hokey Pokey, London Bridge, and Grand Old Duke of York -- for that neverending one more splash! It was our first time doing the parent-tot classes, while Jon did level 5, and Ben, level 3, picking up where they left off the last time).

9 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

same problem here too. When lights are turned off, they all come running to my room, for one last jump, roll or tickle ... anything will do just to delay bedtime.
Yippee! school is starting soon for your boys which means you will be freed up a bit - hopefully they are on the school bus!

Unknown said...

Harried mums, take heart, soon they will all grow up and splash away! Meanwhile, enjoy your little mermaids and bouys, oops, I mean boys!

bp said...

SAHM,
sleep late and they can't get up, yikes! the start of school and end of summer is like my wakeup call to try and get our act together with such basic things at least! yes, the schoolbus is a great help and bus-stop is walkable, so i drive on days with activities and for errands.

Keh,
hehe, so enjoy them, i hear u, thanks for the reminder! me also don't want the silliness to end.

Stardust said...

School is starting huh? Ok I hope that means you have a little more time to yourself. Will Kait miss her gor gors? =)

Just glad to hear that at least the bus-stop is walkable!! YAY!

Morning's Light said...

Ben's so smart. Hehe..

By the way, I'm back to blogging. =) See you around!

NomadicMom said...

Tell me about it! Every night is the same.....soooooooooo difficult to get them to bed. And then next morning, soooooooo difficult to wake them up!

Stardust said...

Strange... thought I left a comment here, is my pc pplaying tricks on me? How did school go? Just hope that you'll have more breaks and quality time for yourself from now on. Getting chills there already? Keep warm, and get these warm thoughts from me. =P

Jo said...

haha.. Ben is really one wise guy, isn't he? LOL!

I use the word "NOW!" on a daily basis, many times a day. I bet you can relate. :D

The good thing about schooldays is that your days too will be more structured, and you'll know for sure where or how you can squeeze in that little bit of me-time! And you HAVE to squeeze it in somehow, BP. For your sanity! :)

bp said...

Stardust, Annie, NM, Jomel,
Thanks for dropping me a line and more, sharing your thoughts and well-wishes. It's the usual busyness, and not without the craziness... got to keep working on those things that are supposed to be more routine by now but not. Also, Kait's skipping her only nap, wakes up way too often in the nites, I gotto find some way to discourage that. Thanks for caring, I appreciate it!