Jon was right, "Two ears is two years!"!So it was doubly nice when the cake with two cupcakes as its ears, that Kait helped bake up a storm (more like a "flour" storm from all that stirring), worked out for her second birthday :).
From last Friday:

Kait grinning from ear to ear. She digs her birthday cake...

And I mean REALLY DIGS it!
I'm trying to also load a short clip of Meimei obliging this mom with an encore of her "Happy Day" song in-between more smiles, days before that. It ends with the usual girlie twirling-around before the bigger "merry-go-round" one around me! I love her spontaneity! And now, it's on with the TERRIFIC 2's!!!
The other 'T' started closer to age 1.5 as with most tots, and is an ongoin
g test of my patience... from all three of them: the tot, tyke, and tween! It wears me out, and I'm not talking about the 2yo helping herself to nurse way too frequently day and night, I don't know how to wean her. But I'd better think positive and problem-solving, right?In the last picture, Jon does a good imitation of this flattened-out mom!
Two ears is two years... Thinking simple for the cake, and just when I was wondering if I should drive out with the brood to buy one (not that it means less work than staying up), I came across a magazine's cupcake using two marshmallows as the ears of a mouse and chocolate sprinkles as its whiskers. I thought instead, why not just use two cupcakes as two ears for a bigger version? Glad it worked alright, using whatever I scrounged from our pantry to bake and decorate it simply, and left it up to Kait and her imagination to interpret what animal with two ears it turned out to be.
***
On music and lyrics... Kait hummed a good part of Oh When The Saints at 1.5yo when Jon played it on his recorder. Between 1 and 2, she likes playing the kid-size harmonica and toy xylophone, and also enjoys familiar kids' action songs like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, and The Wheels on the Bus, not just grooving and bouncing away to the Hi 5 band's catchy themesongs. Of course she'll join in her brothers' silliness, too ("silly Gor Gor, silly Meimei"), and does a funny "belly button ah-ah" when they try and sing that Veggie Tales' song!
Words wise.. by her 2nd birthday, Kait is not our most talkative child, but is saying more and strings together 4+ words per sentence E.g. Mama, I want blueberry. I like that. Blueberry please. Now. Thank you... And if she is in a sharing mood, hopefully she'll share more than just a couple of the fruit with Ben: Gor Gor like blueberry, here. Thank you (on his behalf)- welcome! Around this time is also when she can tell us if something is "too hot!", "very cold", or "fine".

5 comments:
Aww ... what a pretty cake! I would never have allowed my kids to dig into such a pretty cake ... guess there werent other guests :P
Hey, upload that happy day video. Would love to catch Kait in action!!
and do get a good rest - erm, when you can.
Happy Belated Birthday to Kait!!
Time flies, hor?
How to wean her? Have another! Then you are forced to wean her! He he he....
Your kids always seem so happy. You must be doing all the right things. Both my boys are always at each other throats! How to make them Love each other leh?
Happy belated birthday Kait, auntie Stardust is happy to see how much you've grown. Look how loving your mommy is for making that adorable cake for 2 years, we must learn from her creativity ok?
And dear BP, respecting your efforts day in day out, here's my big lonnnng hug to my star of inspiration. Remembering that I shouldn't complain though I have to clear up Bear's mess as I'm back, surely the Lord carries us day to day. Like SAHM said, rest as much as you can.
Wow.. she's two already?? Time is simply wheezing by!! My baby is already 6 and my girl is almost 12!
How have you been, BP? We've just come back from our almost 2 month vacation. Have been below the weather ever since I came back. :( A week of runny stools is no fun, plus with the extremely hot weather, I am just fair beat. Am looking forward to some cooler weather and for the kids to go back to school! :D
So how has your vacation been? You being such a conscientious mom, must have had loads of activities with the kids. Me? I just want to hibernate for the rest of the summer! :D
SAHM,
Thanks, actually i touched up all the other parts she dug out and had to ask her dad not to let her go the whole way, so we could still eat it and it won't look too terrible in the pixes!
NM,
You're so funny, haha! The joys are real, but so are the rigors of raising children... my three fight a lot too, and makes those moments when they stop and let me catch my breath oh-so-precious! i think u know what i mean!
Stardust,
Thanks, but you give me too much credit lah, I'm human and limited but thank God He for His grace and unconditional love to see us thru day by day! I hope you're settled back into your home sweet home as you know it now, and bet Bear is so glad you're back :).
Kat,
Thanks for coming to see how we're doing, glad to hear from u. I hope your tummy's all better, and your end-of-summer will be as great as your hols earlier. Dunno if you caught my previous post about us finally making the trip back last month! But how time flies, and summer's over for us and school is starting already! Enjoy your children, agree that when we look back esp, they grow up so fast so soon!
Post a Comment