Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bloom, flowers, bloom

Can't say I'm a huge fan of April showers and definitely not the storms...

but to the pretty flowers they bring,

how can you not say Aaaaaaahhh?!!!

But Aaahhh-chooo! and *sniffle* *sniffle* they also make us go =(.

On the bright side...

At our doorstep, and up on our walls also, are these delightful daffodils we grew from bulbs...


Apr 09 i 025 s

More springtime pictures I took during our stay here, and it's with such nature shots I had swopped out our more personal ones for the home staging:
And to make it more interesting and less predictable, here's an instance of how I deliberately split up too similar pictures (like these tulip ones, left) to mix with others (below), for simple decorative touches here and there...

I look for colours and textures, and use them to pull different stuff and accessories in a room together. And isn't using your own pictures and artwork, and especially the children's masterpieces, cost-friendly yet personal ways to add warmth to the home?

Apr 09 ii 177 s

Simple spring touches. The duck and tulips, and pavilion, are lovely sights at the botanic garden, and the swans, the zoo. The decorated wine bottles are the only two I doodled on before life got busier and busier, and they have spring themes, too!

I hope the flowers and colours in this post will put a spring in your step... as they do to relieve some of my stress!

9 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Those pictures are really pretty!!

I am one of those that gets an itchy nose when spring comes along. Firtunately, over here, its summer all year round.

And those april showers ... we need them, if not we wont get our May flowers!!

Thanks, so much ... your beautiful pictures sure added a spring in my step!

Blur Mommy said...

Hey BP, sorry I haven't been here in a while. Just catching up on your posts and finding out that you are moving out here. Are you moving to Seattle???

Blur Mommy said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I am in WA too. So email me at kookyculinary@gmail.com if you ever need any help.

Anonymous said...

Wah...BP, nice pics of flowers! Make sure you take lots! :)

How have you been keeping?

bp said...

Thanks everyone for coming by.

SAHM - my nose always acts up =( but looking forward the May flowers!

Blur Mommy - thanks, it'll bring me closer to you! Spokane is almost next door.

James - hanging in there... i hope you're doing great!

slavemom said...

Beautiful flowers n nature shots. Great decos too. Good luck with the sale!

Stardust said...

Heyyy!

Nodding, flowers and colors cheer me up too! Nothing works better. =D I didn't know the artistic face of yours, the bottles are sensational. =)

Looking forward to your May's sharing. =D

Jo said...

oh gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Stunning pictures you took BP. They brought cheer to me already! Thank you!! :)

bp said...

Slavemom, Stardust, Jomel,
Thanks for your kind words, all ye fellow flower lovers! Hope to share more whenever I can.