Friday, February 6, 2009

Snow Bright

Before it melted away... I paused to take in the snow, the other morning after driving Jon and Ben to school, and making the quick grocery stop when Vern could stay home and watch Kait for a bit.

Jan 09 ii 057 sJan 09 ii 051 s

I'm a mother, not a martyr, and while the baby and I are joined at the hip, it does help me in this winter weather especially, if I don't have to take her and the boys grocery shopping. There is A LOT to buy even for a week's worth, and trust me, it is easier and faster than with the brood!

But now, I really like how the snow glistens in the sun. Doesn't it paint a brighter picture than just mostly bald trees around?

The snow was good while it lasted.

And the stopping to gaze is good, always good!

8 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Yes, I know what you mean. Even tho' my littlest is already 4, there are times I like to go grocery shopping without her. No dilly dallying around, explaining why we dont need a certain cereal, or to explain my choices! And we do not even need to be bundled up here!

bp said...

SAHM,
Hehe, speed is it. My boys are impatient shoppers, and if they dillydally it's coz they are wrangling a treat out of me but I don't want to make it a habit!

Stardust said...

Hey hey BP, lovely snow photos! I'm sure that your good effort is pleasing to the Lord. I pray that He gives you extra strength to overcome what's tough.

I LOL at the 'I'm a mother, not a martyr...'

slavemom said...

Sometimes going to the store alone (even tho for grocery shopping) can do wonders. :)

bp said...

Stardust,
Thanks always for your sweet words and encouragement.

Slavemom,
Hehe, yes, that time out that us mommies need also! These after-the-snow shots helped me not just zip to the stores and back!

Jo said...

wrangling a treat out of me is my children's favourite hobby whenever they are out with me. Which is why I really enjoy my alone-time out in the woods.. shops I mean.

Anonymous said...

I have missed you! Your blog is beautiful! And BOY can I relate to what you shared in "Facing the world".... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

bp said...

Jomel,
Hehe, I know what you mean. But I don't mind the edible treats (e.g. icecream, slush) as much as the toys kind... and I do use food treats (even a bag of snacks!) to buy me some sanity when the boys come along!

Sandi,
And I have missed you, too! The emotional needs, and standing up to peers or older kids is not as easy as it looks, yah.