Temperatures will drop to OF (or -18C), maybe even lower, midweek, when Vern will be out of town for five days. That'll make it the coldest this place has seen in a decade, and the second time after kiddo #3 the husband is away.
Unless the roads are icy, I plan to still get Jon and Ben to school. And so long as I stay behind the wheel in the carpool line, with Kait in her carseat, to drop them off and pick them up like we do on regular days, we should be OK.
But we won't go if the extreme weather poses unforseen logistical issues. Prayerfully, there will not be any freezing rain or snowstorms.
I'll appreciate your prayers for our safety, and also my sanity. Thanks!
Warming up to the new year...
It's been a week since the boys resumed school after the winter hols. Each day, it still takes a lot to get our act together, but I'm secretly happy that school gets us back to a more predictable routine. Also because while there's more driving for me to do again with the baby girl, there's less of the driving this mom up the wall, from all that fighting and not playing nicely between the brothers, day in day out!
Kait will be 5 months old tomorrow. She is not sleeping through the night, unlike some babies I've read and heard can by now, or soon after. Neither Jon nor Ben slept longer stretches till much later. I'm trying not to beat myself up over this. Things are crazier with three kids, and I am (be warned!) crankier!!!
Doing what I can to encourage Kait to take one slightly longer nap in the day. She's not been getting much from the minutes here and there, and her overtiredness in the night -- eyes closed but fussing away -- can't be quality rest for her either. But when she does sleep better, she awakes happier, cooing, and rolls on her back!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Oh dear, what horribly cold winter. Do take care and drive slowly. Will pray all goes well for you.
Wow! How time flies. Before you know it Kait will be running around!!
Yes, will pray for good weather and for all your safety!!
Sounds like in my condition now too! Except for the weather, of course. Except that all 3 are in school now, leaving me free for the mornings. Don't worry, you'll be there in 3-4 years' time. :)
In the meantime, it's CNY around the corner. Though I suppose there's not much of the CNY festivity at your end, I like to wish you a Happy Moo Moo Year anyway. Gong Xi GOng Xi.
Hey, it's playing 'Home Alone' here and reeling out soon. =) May His angels surround your home, calming the kids and the weather. Take good care, you'll do better than you think.
Happy 5th month, Kaitie dear!
Guess what, the word verification here reads 'calming'. I don't know but I think that's what you really need and I'll surely be praying for you. Hugs.
Will remember you in my prayers.
Hugs...
Snow for you... Rain for me...
It's been raining cats and dogs over here...
The bus was late today, and I thought school was cancelled. WHen the bus came, the disappointment on the boys' faces were absolutely priceless!!
Happy 5 month old to your sweet little girl....
Bp, the fighting, and not playing nicely, day in day out (between the three of mine), is all too familiar to me and I totally emphatize with you. And I do love it when they are back in school!! Which is why I was abit disappointed that they are getting a one week break soon due to CNY. hahaha.
Kaitlyn is five months old already? Wow.. time really flies!
Thanks everyone, for caring and understanding! Hope you are having a great week! Hugs and God bless!
BP, you are managing well =) May our Lord's guiding hands and his love keep you, Vern and your lil' babies safe and warm during this cold and harsh winter.
A BIG {{{{{HUG}}}}} to keep you warm, my dear =)
Hey BP, good to see you back on blog, I have missed you! I will keep you and the children in my thoughts and prayer. Stay safe, and if the snow is really bad, then just stay home and have a cup of hot choc instead :) As for siblings fighting, ah, yes, the school holidays tend to bring up this evil side more :) I have the same hedache too at times.
Praying that everything's fine n safe for u all during this deep freeze n home alone period. Do be extra careful ya. Take care!
wow, your gal is at 5 months, and I thought we just celebrated your smooth delivery only a LITTLE while back?
Time flies..
Well, not all bb are the same, maybe your gal is staunchly Singaporean?
And she wont have prob sleeping at all when she is here in SG?
She will be a year before we all know it.. chin up!!
Jade, Priscilla, Slavemom, Baby En,
Thank you, thanks for your support.
Baby En, congrats again and thanks for taking the time to catch up on how i'm doing!
Post a Comment