Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Probably the best way to wrestle with our children when they wrestle with us parents, is...

with humour, and love! Tough love included (and that's the tough part), and also, that extra measure of kindness -- read: grace and mercy, I know my kids won't mind! ;p

It's no secret that they have been driving me up the wall, because they clearly have minds of their own. And not that the wrestling has stopped, but I'll spare you the details. And for my own sanity, I'm including this post for the smiles that my "Da Gua", "Zhong Gua", and "Xiao Gua" (three stooges, large, medium, and small) do thankfully also put on my face!

And here, from the cartoon "Phineas and Ferb" is the Bow Chicka Bow Wow song, Jon and Ben have me singing with them to entertain Kait. Especially when she's crying away, but for some very good reason she's not attached to me at that point. The song ends aptly with, "Gitchi Gitchi Goo means that I love you!"!




And it's on this happy note that I'll like to congratulate fellow blogger, and mommy of En and Xuan, on the arrival of baby Bao Rui! =)

4 comments:

NomadicMom said...

GONG XI FA CHAI!!!!!!!

Happy New Year, bp!!!!

Baby En said...

Heartfelt thanks from all the Baos and Family!

Kat is looking v sweet!!! and She looks really different from the brothers.

I am thinking she has your "Shen-2 Qing - 2"/ Expression..

Hope you and family are enjoying the festive, in your own way!!

slavemom said...

Awww.. that's so sweet of the boys to entertain Kait when she's crying away. One big sweet "Gitchi Gitchi Goo" family. ;)

bp said...

Nomadic Mom,
Happy Niu Year, you beat me to wishing you lah!

Baby En,
You're most welcome, and with it being CNY now, it's even more apt for me to say Gong xi, Gong xi to you and NJ... happy for you guys and your precious Baos... literally Baobeis all of them!

Thanks for your kind words for Kait, and coz her looks are still changing, she does look a bit different each time. But shen-qing wise, the shots in the subsequent post certainly show her looking a lot calmer than a frazzled me!

Slavemom,
Thanks, and I like how you help me focus on the bright side of things! Gitchi Gitchi Goo!