Saturday, September 27, 2008

All about me

On his "All About Me" day in school, Ben got to lead his friends in a cheer of his name, and also filled a box with five things about himself to share with them.
Sep 08 vii 023 s fSep 08 vii 027 s f

And isn't it wonderful that this segment, to help the kids know they are unique individuals, came at about the same time Ben was feeling left out?
"I praise You because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made..." - Psalm 139:4
It's really nice too, that I made it for that session, at Ben's request! This is the first time after Kaitlyn's arrival, I wasn't just waiting in the carpool line to pick up Ben and Jon, or having to hurry off to squeeze in an errand before her next feed. But actually getting to spend some time in school; I miss doing that!

Sep 08 vii 011 s fSep 08 vii 053 s f

Back to Basics...
A friend was teasing when she suggested that I change this blog's name to "Back to Square One". Referring to, how, I'm at the "baby goes everywhere I go" stage again. Before, my hands were full with two; and now with three, I'm still functioning, yes, but even more overwhelmed!

Feeling the effects of exerting myself, more than gushing with new-mom joy, I went ballistic =(. Some of you know I like to push myself to take care of this and that. At this point though, I'm not liking myself very much for doing that.

The same message behind the "All About Me" segment -- that we are God's unique creation, no matter what -- is what I need to know for myself right now. My worth is not dependent on what I do or try to do, or what I get done or not. Simply that, I'm me!

Guess I have to know that I know this, in order for me to help my own children know it, too. Know what I mean?

6 comments:

~Ling~ said...

Bp, for a mom of three, I must say u look fabulous! =) And I think you are also managing well with the new addition to your family.

No matter what's the situation, I believe God has made each and everyone of us unique to take on whatever challenges that comes our way and also make us stronger with each challenge. Take care my dear friend and have a good week ahead!

Stardust said...

Great job for catching Ben in action! Yup, we're all special in our way and things we do and etc do not prove us.

About the way you often strain yourself, I may be wrong, but I feel that this is also part of what God has made you to be. It doesn't mean that you've got to go beyond to attain perfection, I guess God makes you the way you are becos He's making you a mom of 3. However, it is the Lord's command that we rest, and take time for ourselves. There must be a way or 2 you take a breather, even for a short while.

You really deserve a pat on your back for all that good work. I'm sure that you effort pays off. Just that, in between, you've got to take things easier a little. =) I'm just glad that admist all the strain, you're still pretty as ever and I'm so envious of your petite frame. =DDD

Be praying... =)

slavemom said...

Bet Ben (and u too) was vy happy that u made it for that session. I'm sure ur presence meant a lot to him.
U know u're doing great, rite? So supermom, I'm sending some love over to u n ur family. :)

Wang Tai Tai - 王太太 said...

You look really good! Already back into shape. :) Do take each day one at a time and trust that God will give you sufficient grace for each day. Never too much, never too little but just right because He has you and your family in the palm of His hands; watching over you always. Have a great week ahead!

sting said...

you made it to that special session of his and I'm sure he's very proud too. Am sure he'll understand that he's not "left out" *hugs*

stay-at-home mum said...

Oh, I am so glad you made it for Ben's session. Its just so impt for them. You are doing so well with the kids, and I guess we are a bit a like, wanting to do everything ourselves and being there for everything. but sometimes, just sometimes, some things jsut got to give. We jsut need that little break for ourselves, and I hope you have managed to get some of it. God Bless, and Take care.
PS - thanks for your short uplifting messages now and again. i am keeping fine, and so is S, albeit a bit anxious as the exams start tomorrow!!